Respected Contributor

Does anyone feel like this about series finales ?

They are so sad , i think you have invested in these characters for several years and it like a friend you will not see again ( I know it sounds lame)  I watched the final Schitts Creek last night. It was a great way to end it , but still sad. You could tell in the last 2 episodes , they were very emotional about it ending , not acting.Bates Motel was also one , but there was no way to end it too positive, because of the circumstances. I don't watch that much TV anymore but i always dread watching the last Show of a series finales.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone feel like this about series finales ?

@MW in Iowa  I totally get it!  I am always kind of bummed when I reach the end of a series I really enjoyed!  Make sure to look up the final episode/documentary on Netflix for Schitts creek, it was very well done and very emotional.  It's separate from the series and I wouldn't have even known about it if my sister didn't tell me .  Well worth the watch Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I did see that , i will watch . Who ever thought a crazy show like Schitts Creek could be so good , Either you will love it or hate it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I did see that , i will watch . Who ever thought a crazy show like Schitts Creek could be so good , Either you will love it or hate it.

———————

I was hooked after the early episode about the town sign LOL.  So I really appreciated the final scenes.

I am about to start watching the final season of “Orange is the New Black” and will miss those characters too.

Honored Contributor

better than years ago when series just were canceled or disappeared.   

Complete story arc much more satisfying to me 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like when the writers get enough notice that they're being cancelled so they get a chance to wrap things up. Nothing worse than being left hanging.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I understand what you are saying...When I get involved in a really good series or movie, it is rather sad to see it end, as you do get somewhat attached to the characters and have enjoyed it so much.

The same happens when I read a good book...I'm sorry to see it end.

I think it's definitely a very good indication of the quality of the show or book when it is able to draw in its audience or readers and captivate them.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

I think also when the creators and writers know when it is time to end a show helps , before they have to be worried about being cancelled, Some shows i think have another season in them when they end them though. I could have watched 1 more season of Schitts Creek , though they made that decision. Jason Bateman also decided to make this the last season of Ozark , i can only imagine how that one will end .

Honored Contributor

Like they say...all good things come to an end...and then make room for something better hopefully. TV gets boring if a show goes on and on. Best to end it on a high note.

Respected Contributor

I'll always remember the Sopranos finale. Watching with friends and when the screen went black everyone started screaming and yelling thinking a power outage or cable failure. Then it hit ya and it got real quiet.. Wow. IMHO the best finale ever. Don't stop believin'