Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Remember Morgan Fairchild, the actress?

[ Edited ]

I hate those commercials.  Our local stations play them over and over during their evening news casts.  Celebration of life, crematoriums, funeral homes, cemeteries, monument sales.  There is actually one commercial where a son and daughter are dancing the jitterbug at their mom's funeral.  Kinda creepy if you ask me.  It's not like they are going out of business any time soon. 

ETA:  I do remember Morgan.  She used to sell jewelry when Jeff Hewson was a host. 

Honored Contributor

That's funny Kentucky.  You are right.  We all die.  I have always found that crazy the way everyone is so afraid of it.  I guess many are like me, they just want to go in their sleep or quickly.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I always thought she was very gorgeous and loved her voice --- so distinctive!!  

Well, I guess as the actresses get older, they try to stay active in their career and sometimes the roles they have to take are not as glamourous as the ones they used to get offered.  But work is work.  And she still looks great!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Morgan has always been a favorite of mine. And yes, she looks great for her age - until you look at her hands. They're a dead giveaway!

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

She went to SMU for a time.  Dont know if she graduated.  We were in a class together in the business school.  She looked very different from the rest of us at that time.  She came to class dressed with a full face of makeup and big blond hair.  She stood out, big time.  Years later I recognized her on tv.  

Valued Contributor

I believe I saw her with some other older celebs in a commercial for a childrens' hospital. It runs pretty often. Wasn't she in the old Dallas TV show?  I also saw Cindy Williams touting a senior living place. I would have known her anywwhere.

Trusted Contributor

When I was a little girl about 9, I remember her in a made-for-television movie "The Initiation of Sarah" and I loved it.  I was always kind of drawn to the "witch" craze movies in the 70s even though I was little.  Then as a teen I saw her in "The Haunting of Sarah Hardy".  She seemed to be in the Sarah movies huh? Woman Happy

I saw her in an episode of "Diagnosis Murder" too and I like her.  She definitely has had work done on her face but it looks good and not too much. 

Honored Contributor

It's a job and she's well over 60 and her "fans" would be people in their 70's, 80's.  The age at which people think about burial arrangements.  It's not as lucrative as selling wigs and wrinkle cream on a shopping channel but it's an income.