Respected Contributor

Re: Documentary: God Knows Where I Am: Did Anyone Watch?

@millieshops wrote:

Really an incredibly wonderful insight into Linda Bishop's mind - and body, too.  Yes, the story of her life is very sad, but the strength of her body as well as some parts of her mind also impressed me.  Without her journal and without her will to live on, we'd never have known her.

@millieshops I totally agree...at times it seems as if she was not having issues and then you read the journals and realize she had a powerful and intuitive mind. I believe her state of mind aided in her ability to survive in that home during a time of extreme weather for so long. For someone to survive off of apples and berries for months was mind blowing to me!

Respected Contributor

I watched last night and could not sleep afterwards.....it was VERY disturbing and sad and depressing...

I thought it was well narrated, filmed and it really made me feel like I was IN that house...

The fact that an occupied home was 500 feet across the street was mind boggling.....and the part about the tiny bit of heat from the furnace pilot light coming thru the vent.....

It gets dark so early in winter....can you imagine being in that bitter cold, living on fallen apples, for 12 hours a day in darkness in NO HEAT????

Heartbreaking. The story reminded me somewhat of the tragedy of the Andes soccer team who crashed in 1972 and lived for 72 days in bitter cold with no food and no hope....and starvation facing them.....

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen I agree with your observations of the show..I was literally in tears by the end and my heart ached for the homeless like never before!

Respected Contributor

It's too bad they chose that crazy title for the show.....

On my PBS, the program followed "Antiques Roadshow" that I was watching in bed before sleep....I ALMOST didn't watch because of the religious-sounding title....

I read the prgram description and decided to watch....from my warm bed, in the northeast, where similar temps and weather are now in play...

And I have five apple trees in my yard. Today I was looking at the fallen and still hanging fruit and thinking about that poor woman.....

A broken mind is no less serious than a broken or bleeding limb.

Except you can't see it.