Respected Contributor

What did you think of the Dr. Phil show today (Tues., 1/26/16?  The father is a real mess.  I think his biggest problem is that he isn't getting any. . .

Honored Contributor

I thought they were the d*8n dumbest people ever walked God's green earth !  I didn't know mature people could be so stupid. Those poor kids !

I felt so bad for those kids growing up around their own parents having affairs, etc.

True, that 15 yr. old girl had a mouth on her, but, that's not a surprise.

that mother in law should find her own apt that she could afford with her own SS and get the hale out of that war zone.

I bet Phil was ready for a drink after being around that crew. I don't feel sorry for them. Well, the kids, I do.

Esteemed Contributor

IMO his show is slowly deteriorating into Jerry Springer/Maury Povich territory. They must go looking under rocks for some of these people.

Honored Contributor

That's where he found these jokers.

Sure set a fine example for their poor children. No telling how they will end up. Makes me sad.

Respected Contributor

It was a crazy show but I married someone and we tried to blend families (children) and it lasted two years.  The hardest thing ever.  It seems you are given this unconditional love for your own children but not necessarily for step children.  You have the responsibility for them but cannot discipline them.  Also add in their biological parents to the mix and it just is overwhelming.  My only advise would be to date this person for a very very long time. 

Honored Contributor

These people were just plain ignorant. Met over internet, got together one time in person, got married. Drug 7 kids to the wedding to meet each other for the first time. Moved her mother in.

People make their own misery.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

IMO his show is slowly deteriorating into Jerry Springer/Maury Povich territory. They must go looking under rocks for some of these people.

I can't remember when that wasn't the case. 

Respected Contributor

Why in the world would this father ever want to be married........he belongs in the military where he can MAKE the troops follow orders........you can't run a family like that.  The mother thinks she's hot and doesn't seem to be able to function w/o a man reaffirming her beauty and se#y=self.   Isn't it too bad that they both produced children. 

Honored Contributor

I've never been able to understand the premise of Dr. Phil.  People contact him (I guess) for help and then he 'settles' (or seems to) some of their problems.  I would think it would be totally humiliating for these families to have their dirty laundry aired on national TV.

Why doesn't he doe some shows like Oprah did near the end of her series?  Why do people enjoy sitting and watching these family's who are having such a horrific time in their lives.

Is it because people like to think, "Wow!  Someone worse off than I am"?

He should follow up on all of these shows and see how many people do something with their lives after being on this TV show.

Honored Contributor

Finally saw this last night.  I am in utter disbelief that a mother would let her children live like that.  No man is worth sacrificing your kids and those were the first words out of Dr. Phil's mouth.  It's a shame he didn't stick with it and instead decided to delve into the melodrama of it all.  He probably wants them all back for a second show rather than doing what needs to be done for the children.

I don't enjoy his show much anymore either.  It's become too tabloid for me and I'm sick of the promos/informercials disguised as show episodes.