Respected Contributor

Does anyone here watch Doc Martin on PBS ? Just saw the last of season 8. Season 9 will come later on ( I'm not sure when this is ). Love, love this series. Hope it never ends lol

Respected Contributor

@Flatbush   Yes, I have watched this series faithfully from its inception.  Love all the characters/actors and think the writers do an excellent job of coming up with intersting story lines.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Doc Martin and have always enjoyed the characters and plot lines.  I do believe I have recently missed a few episodes from Season 8, and I am anxious to catch up.  I have read that the next season will likely be the last.  I hope not!  

Honored Contributor

@Flatbush wrote:

Does anyone here watch Doc Martin on PBS ? Just saw the last of season 8. Season 9 will come later on ( I'm not sure when this is ). Love, love this series. Hope it never ends lol

I love Doc Martin.  Discovered him a few years ago.  I missed most of last season because they changed the day.  My friend gave me season 6 on DVD.  I really enjoy it.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

OUT!  BE QUIET!  NO!  OUT YOU GO!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

OUT!  BE QUIET!  NO!  OUT YOU GO!  

LOL

Valued Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I love Doc Martin and have always enjoyed the characters and plot lines.  I do believe I have recently missed a few episodes from Season 8, and I am anxious to catch up.  I have read that the next season will likely be the last.  I hope not!  

---

I love Doc Martin and have watched from the beginning. Martin Clunes has said before that a certain season (sixth season, if I recall correctly) would be the last, but he decided later to continue on. I would hate to see the series end, since I enjoy it so much. I especially enjoyed the earlier seasons with Aunt Joan.

I hope in future seasons that they age James Henry a little further along. They wait two years between filming each series in order to give the actors time to pursue other opportunities, yet the boy has stayed a baby. Martin is beginning to look more like a grandfather.

Respected Contributor

@Flatbush wrote:

I have watched every episode of DOC Martin and love the show. I have my DVR set to record those issues I can't watch. Thanks you for sharing!

Esteemed Contributor

I love this show and the characters.  Unfortunately, I've missed quite a few and need to catch up.

Respected Contributor

yes!  i just stumbled on it - so i look forward to going back and starting at the beginning.