Super Contributor

Doc Martin Season 7 Question

Just finished watching Season 6 of Doc Martin. I am really hooked on this show and so hope they will do another season. I love British comedy and when you add in a seaside village I'm all there.

VickiSmile

Respected Contributor

Re: Doc Martin Season 7 Question

I have read that season seven is likely to be the last. But who knows.
Honored Contributor

Did you see the show that was just on last night? It promotes itself as the way Doc Martin started in this little place.

It's much darker than the show. I'm still watching it. I think if you are a fan you need to look it up.

Super Contributor

Pleased there will be a 7th season. The end of 6 was kind of a letdown.

There were 2 Doc Martin films before the series: "Doc Martin" and "Doc Martin and the Legend of the Cloutie". They're kind of prequels. Martin Clunes as Doctor first appeared in the film "Saving Grace", a comedy also filmed in Cornwall. A very different, relaxed Doc.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info Angiophilly. Good to see you post here.

Super Contributor

You're welcome! I live in Port Wenn in my dreams, though I may be "Going Bodmin" with the impending blizzard. Time for a Doc marathon.

Frequent Contributor

I'm a little confused. Did the last episode end with Louisa leaving Doc because he wouldn't talk to her about his blood problem returning? Did she go to Spain or did he go to Spain?

Super Contributor

I just watched the latest interview Martin Clunes had on some morning show in the UK. He was talking about the 7th season. No real news just talking about it and how they had to do it because of the way they ended out the 6th season on such a dark note. He also said that they only film the series every other year so that he and his wife have time for their daughter and other interests they have.

I too could live in Port Wenn. Love charming seaside villages.

Thanks for all the above info on the two shows preceding the Doc Martin series.

Momshan I would love to answer your question but not sure if I will be spoiling it for someone else. If the others think it is ok, I will or they can.

Just really love this series and while I'm waiting on season 7 I am watching some of the Miss Marple shows that I found on Netflix. I just love Agatha Christie.

Happy Watching All

VickiSmile

Super Contributor

Any word on a date for Season 7?  Love watching past seasons, but really looking forward to seeing what happens to the Doc.

Contributor

I read somewhere, Jan. 2016 it comes back.  Hope so, count me in as a huge

fan, too.