Honored Contributor

Re: Do you tire of shows after awhile?

@Icegoddess wrote:

I often tire of shows especially when they get too involved in socially engineering me.  I know Tuesday night I commented to my husband that it seemed like every show we watched had an underlying social theme.  And then the next show came on and there was another social issue that needs to be addressed.  It's not about whether I agree with the theme or not.  I don't want to be preached to by my entertainment.

@Icegoddess 

I agree.  Totally predictable.  Tiresome and boring. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes I agree, there are shows that I tire of and stop watching:

Bull - watched the first season but got bored of it halfway through so I'm no longer watching

Grey's Anatomy - watched the first few seasons, can't believe it is still on

Dancing with the Stars - just don't enjoy it anymore and my Monday nights are already busy

NCIS New Orleans - this season just can't keep my attention so I may stop watching

Deadliest Catch - has just gotten boring over time

I'm sure there are many more I'm not thinking of.

Honored Contributor

Oh yes, but with me it’s a combination of short attention span and boredom with same old same old.   

Respected Contributor

I find that in the U.S. they get a good show then it goes on for years they make  series after series and it gets old.  Not all but quite a few.

In U.K. we do not have too many shows that go on ad Infinitum - except for soaps - lots of our dramas, etc go for maybe 3/4 series then finish leaving you wanting more maybe.  Just the difference I have found.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Watched NCIS and Crimminal Minds from the beginning. But they no longer hold my interest.

Grey's Anatomy was fun when they were young interns and residents. But now, it's just blah. So many of the characters I liked have left the show. I miss McSteamy.

Thank goodness for streaming programs.

Esteemed Contributor

You're reading my mind. British programs I'm interesting in seem to end too early. I never have time to tire of them. After 5 seasons, I'm generally done, but hang on because I get to 'know' the characters. I was a huge LOST fan. When others lost interest, I hung on. I no longer hang on if I lose interest. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Since Michael Weatherly's characters were referenced -- I never got bored with DiNozo on NCIS. I'm starting to get bored with Bull. Husband didn't think DiNozo was funny but he really likes Bull. Go figure.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

FRIENDS is my go-to when nothing else looks good. Never disappoints!!! And lately KING OF QUEENS has me laughing out loud! (Full disclosure.... I’m a die hard HALLMARK fan, as well❣️)

Honored Contributor

I probably would if I could find one I liked in the first place to grow tired of.

Aside from PBS and news, there isn't much on TV.

Honored Contributor

This happened to me with Law & Order SVU

I love the actors, can't handle the story line

I don't watch a lot of scripted TV, I watch mostly "reality" type shows.   Anything on Smithsonian, cooking shows, rehab shows.    

I don't see how NCIS is still on the air, same old same old every week.

I currently watch The Good Doctor because I love Freddie Highmore, FBI, Seal Team, 911 all of these are in their first couple of seasons.    I'm already getting a little bored with FBI.

@Icegoddess wrote:

I often tire of shows especially when they get too involved in socially engineering me.  I know Tuesday night I commented to my husband that it seemed like every show we watched had an underlying social theme.  And then the next show came on and there was another social issue that needs to be addressed.  It's not about whether I agree with the theme or not.  I don't want to be preached to by my entertainment.