Honored Contributor

Re: Do you tire of shows after awhile?

It's not so much getting tired of them as losing interest when they change them. I liked the first couple seasons of Dancing With Stars and continued because of Derek H but it has become unwatchable. Blacklist was really good the first season but the second lost me when it was all about Liz and her baby. I've continued watching Jeopardy season after season because it's stayed virtually the same.

Respected Contributor

I'm totally the opposite:  rarely watch a popular show until it goes into syndication, LOL  I.E, Seinfeld, Friends, Big Bang Theory.

Have tried a few new ones this year that I enjoy, mostly because the premises are new and unusual, such as Prodigal Son, The Righteous Gemstones and Emergence.

I, too tired of The Walking Dead and lately, The Good Doctor.

Denise
Valued Contributor

@ALRATIBA   I'm totally with you.  I gave up the major networks years ago for the same reasons you brought up.  I've also stopped watching all Bravo shows, refuse to watch any talk show and  quit  almost all on TLC.  I watch a few shows on the Food  Network and a little on HGTV.  I mainly watch Discovery and Animal Planet.  Sadly FN has some truly annoying judges and hosts who are immediate channel changers for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes and easily. Part of it is surely me, but most of it is that TV writers, actors. programming directors and casting departments aren't what they used to be... And all that's before you even get to the endless annoying commercials...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

This season I stopped watching NCIS (well, just the first one to see Ziva), NCIS LA, Bull and This Is Us.   When they stop holding my interest, I just move on.

Honored Contributor

I find myself watching more network shows this season, I love CBS on Thurs. night.  Young Sheldon, Unicorn, Carolyn's second act, Mom.  On ABC I have started watching Mixish, Blackish, Bless this miss.  I love watching the 90 day franchise on TLC and loving coming to the forums and talking about it lol.  I did quit the housewife franchise.  

I love tvland,  antenna tv etc...I still love watching two and half meen with Charlie Sheen.  Not the newer onesm, and of course Big Bang.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I often tire of shows especially when they get too involved in socially engineering me.  I know Tuesday night I commented to my husband that it seemed like every show we watched had an underlying social theme.  And then the next show came on and there was another social issue that needs to be addressed.  It's not about whether I agree with the theme or not.  I don't want to be preached to by my entertainment.

Absolutely a huge factor in why I'm watching mainstream TV less and less. I don't want them to try to impart their values to me. I have my own. This practice has become glaring, ridiculous and offensive.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Oh my yes!

I stopped watching NCIS two seasons ago, after having stayed with them from the very beginning.  Not even Ziva made me go back and watch. 

NCIS:New Orleans -- gave that one up when they had Pride seeing ghosts.  Love CCH Pounder, but she wasn't enough to keep my interest in the awful story lines.

Bull -- kissing the rest of this season good-bye. Boring!   Love the actors, but now very disinterested in the tedious stories.

Killing Eve (BBC America) --  I loved season one.  But season two had a diferent writer and felt totaly different to me, so I stopped watching.

Respected Contributor

I rarely watch network TV, couldn't mention one show that is currently running.  My TV viewing is primarily streaming Netflix and Amazon Prime video.  The best part is no commercials!  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stopped watching How to Get Away With Murder after season 2, no longer watch This Is Us.   

Also The Food Network - now that there are more food "game shows" and less cooking/recipe style shows, I no longer watch.  Prefer the PBS cooking shows.