Respected Contributor

Re: Do you tire of shows after awhile?

The only must watch for me are 48 Hours & Dateline...the stories are always different & I never tire of seeing people get the justice they deserve. Another must watch is the Amazing Race..really enjoy that show, wish it aired 2 or 3 times a year.

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I can’t remember the last time a major network had kept my interest for very long. Maybe ER? Lol

@GenXmuse   I just watch old ER episodes on POP last night.  I still love that show.

Honored Contributor

I do!   This year I quit several shows, some of which had quite a few seasons in.

I quit the entire Walking Dead franchise early this year.  I first quit  TWD because I just got tired of the same cycle over and over and over, plus I could not stomach that woman who became the latest horrible person (forgot the name - she led that bunch of people who dressed like walkers).    I've probably not quit a show that I had nine years invested in, like this one, but I sometimes hit that wall where I cannot do another minute.

When Fear The Walking Dead came back for their new season, shortly later, I decided to keep watching but early on I just hit that same wall, so I'm out of the whole thing.

I also quit HTGAWM last season or the season before.  Kind of the same deal - the same cycle over and over.   I'm somebody who tends to get bored with repetition.   I really love Viola Davis as an actor, so it was tough and especially because I had watched since the show began.

I can't remember what else, but I really quit quite a few shows early this year.   I'm kind of on the fence with Live PD because two three hour shows a week is a bit much and sometimes it's even more.  It takes two hours to watch each episode and I guess I just got tired of all the same stuff over and over with no license, idiots who talk to the camera, blah blah - same stuff over and over.  I will admit that sometimes, however, it is more exciting.   

Oops, I went on and on.  Sorry about that.  Smiley Embarassed

Respected Contributor

Yup.  I never make it thru the whole two hours of "Dancing With the Stars" anymore, unless there is a star I really like.  I always tune in to the last few minutes to see who is eliminated, tho.

Honored Contributor

If a show catches my interest and keeps it, I will watch that show until it ends.  For example I have watched Supernatural since the beginning and love it, in fact it became better every season.  I love Masterpiece Theater and Mystery and that has been with me since the seventies, TV excellence.  There have been many shows I stick with and many which have gone but I do find replacements.  I love TCM and the movies and I watch a certain news station faithfully.  

It is rare I drop a show or get sick of  if it is something I enjoy, keeps me focused and looking forward to the next episode. My DVR is always filled with different shows and series which I do not tire of.

Honored Contributor

I often tire of shows especially when they get too involved in socially engineering me.  I know Tuesday night I commented to my husband that it seemed like every show we watched had an underlying social theme.  And then the next show came on and there was another social issue that needs to be addressed.  It's not about whether I agree with the theme or not.  I don't want to be preached to by my entertainment.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I love The Good Doctor! The only person I really can't stand is the blond, Dr. Reznick I think is her name.

I think they are now making Dr. Reznick more likeable.  She's still irritating but they seem to show her having a softer side lately.

I tried NCIS:LA at the start but got bored after 3 episodes!  

BULL is okay but don't like it as much as I did at the start, but still watch.

I record NCIS:LA and Bull to keep for winter.  WHen it gets cold I'm inside much more and like having what are new shows to watch.

I love Madam Secretary and have from  Day 1.

Stil watch NCIS but I think it's time for it to end.

d

NCIS is still a favorite but not sure how much longer they can come up with new stories and at some point an older Gibbs isn't as believable to watch.

Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at Thu, Oct 17, 2019-5.49.45 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I definitely do! I'm usually gung-ho about a show, as it continues I kind of lose interest. That being said I always keep with a show once I start, it's like I feel I have invested my time, I need to see it through to the end!

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I often tire of shows especially when they get too involved in socially engineering me.  I know Tuesday night I commented to my husband that it seemed like every show we watched had an underlying social theme.  And then the next show came on and there was another social issue that needs to be addressed.  It's not about whether I agree with the theme or not.  I don't want to be preached to by my entertainment.

Really, really agree. Mainly why we've quit almost all network shows. That and the poor writing and acting. It seems that after a few years the writers just seem to mail it in - nothing new.

I think the series on Neflix and Prime are better because they do fewer episodes each season and can concentrate on better quality. We also like a lot of Brit and Australian shows, although they can get preachy also.