Esteemed Contributor

Do you tire of shows after awhile?

I don't know why but lately I have stopped watching shows I once liked.

The Good Doctor - love main character but not the rest

Bull - it was an ok way to spend an hr. but tired of Michael Weatherly

The Goldbergs - was cute at first the Mom wears very thin

NCIS New Orleans - love CCH Pounder but the rest got very annoying

Fresh off the boat - again was cute at first

NCIS LA - love, love Linda Hunt but I don't care if I miss it now

Blue Bloods - ok in early years but they are all so annoyingly perfect

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you tire of shows after awhile?

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I love The Good Doctor! The only person I really can't stand is the blond, Dr. Reznick I think is her name.

I tried NCIS:LA at the start but got bored after 3 episodes!

BULL is okay but don't like it as much as I did at the start, but still watch.

I love Madam Secretary and have from  Day 1.

Stil watch NCIS but I think it's time for it to end.

d

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got tired of "mainstream TV" a long time ago.  

I really don't like most sit-com shows.  I haven't tuned into CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, FNC, HBO, Showtime, TMC  for years.  

I found a lot of the shows offensive to me from a religious or political point of view.  (Yes, I'm an old fuddy-duddy.)

I like EWTN, NatGeo, Science Channel, History, and the PBS channels (we have 3), Hallmark and some of the others that show reruns of old shows (when TV was "decent.")   

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched early episodes of Madam Secretary, Fresh off the Boat, Blackish, Grey's Anatomy, American Housewife, NCIS: LA. and This is Us but got bored with all of them.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do.  I have never been one of those viewers who can watch a tv show for 8, 10, 23 years.  After 5 or 6 yers tv shows are just on automatic pilot, they are telling the same story over and over again every year.  The characters are doing and saying the same things over and over again.  I lose interest and move on to something else.  The Goldbergs is good example.  I watched it with hubby and I wondered why i was wasting 30 minutes of my life.  Every character is totally predictable and every storyline has already been done.  All the NCIS shows which loved when they were fresh are just on the same old merry go round.  I liked the new version of The Conners but that is already old and predictable.  It's the same story every week.  

Honored Contributor

I guess I am one of the ones that sticks with shows.

Grey's Anatomy-have watched it for at least 5 years

DWTS-Since Season 2 

Criminal Minds- Since Season 2

Now, with some of the newer shows that I started watching like The Good Doctor and God Friended Me, I don't love every episode, but I like it well enough to keep watching...

I did give up Empire this season, just wasn't holding my interest enough to watch, even if this is the last season...I also gave up on This is Us, because it became too confusing for me, since I didn't watch it from season 1.. 

Honored Contributor

Most of what I watch is Cable TV channels, the only things I watch on network TV is Y&R on CBS, and L&OSVU on NBC, and our local news.  Even as much as I have loved Homicide Hunter, I am glad he is ending it, because I've gotten tired of it!  I guess that is why I like TLC, A&E, ID channels cause they have a variety of programs!

Esteemed Contributor

I watch Live With Kelly first 15 minutes only and even then it is stale. I watch General Hospital. I watch Survivor, Dog's Most Wanted and Seal Team. Other than that Fox and Fox business news all day. Once in awhile I tune into the oldies channel if I get tired of politics. I like YouTube channels. Right now I guess Meghan And Harry are huge YouTube money maker channels.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I can’t remember the last time a major network had kept my interest for very long. Maybe ER? Lol

Honored Contributor

99% of what I watch are cable channels.

The only network shows I watch are Survivor and The Amazing Race.

I've grown tired of Project Runway and don't think I will watch the upcoming season.

I gave up on Ice Road Truckers a long time ago and have watched very little of the latest seasons of Deadliest Catch, Gold Rush, Alaska The Last Frontier.

I am looking forward to The Curse of Oak Island coming back next month.