Honored Contributor

Oh and I just remembered how Ed would have the cast from Broadway shows come on and do a number from whatever hit was popular. As a kid I'd never been to NYC. and I was thrilled. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you remember

[ Edited ]

I watched it every Sunday night with my parents. It was on CBS at 8:00.Then at 9:00 we would watch Bonanza on NBC.

I remember seeing many wonderful acts on the Ed Sullivan Show .I saw Joan Rivers when she was very pregnant with Melissa.I remember seeing the Beatles, Tom Jones,Stiller & Meara,Steve Lawrence & Edie Gorme, Rodney Dangerfield,Don Rickles,Shari Lewis & Lamb Chop, Dusty Springfield and so much more!!

Respected Contributor
I loved Topo...I still do.💕

Respected Contributor

I still watch it most nights from 7 p.m.-8p.m.  ET on Decades TV ch. 76 (RCN cable).

Respected Contributor

adore Topo----- still do the voice and hand for grandkids and mainly myself.

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't anyone remember when Elvis made his first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show?  That came close to bringing fainting couches back in style.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

One of my favorites was Senor Wences.

"So right?"  "So right!"

Respected Contributor

I had a friend whose father worked on the Ed Sullivan Show. (He was a pretty big deal.)  Numerous times he recruited us to be the screaming teenagers in the audience.  My most memorable shows were the Beatles' second visit and The Dave Clark Five's first.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp  I watched as Elvis came on and after that first time he was only photographed from the waist up! 
   It was a big SHOW!