Esteemed Contributor

Do you plan to watch the olympics?

I don't plan to watch the opening or closing ceremonies due to China's committing genicide on its people so no promoting them on my part .   I will probably watch individual Americans however  .   I love watching skating for instance.   I hope our athletes stay safe there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you plan to watch the olympics?

I don't know when they are on this year, and wouldn't watch if I did.  They have lost all interest for me for the bias in judging, the bias of the US tv network coverage and other reasons.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe some of the figure skating but I'm not a sports fan.  I do like the winter much better than the summer Olympics. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes.  USA, USA, USA!

Respected Contributor

no.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes we will watch and I am looking forward to them.  I find the opening and closing ceremonies can be a bit boring, so I don't know if or how much we will watch.  I want to see the athletes.  Not watching in protest will not do anything to improve what is going on in China.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

YUP!  Especially the opening ceremony.  I am still in awe at the last one held in Beijing (2008) which was a jaw dropper eek2.gif

No other country has topped it yet!

Will be interesting to see how Beijing will top itself if it can.

============================

Another reason I will be watching is because there are countries that march that I have never heard of in my life except at the Olympics! hidemf3.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

NO.  I have ZERO interest in sports of any sort.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The figure skating for sure.  Maybe some skiing, bobsled.  Not interested in many of the other events.

In the meantime, I'm watching the Australian Open and the football playoffs.  Watching sports helps to keep me sane--LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

I used to love the olympics and I used to love football too, not as much anymore, though I still watch sometimes.

We probably won't watch too much of the olympics, sports athletes should not be allowed to protest during these events, it really has ruined it for me Smiley Sad

I also feel it's not safe for the USA teams to be there at this time.