Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have a spooky movie that you really liked?

Most recently Anabelle. Scared me silly. Back in the day Witchboard. The original when a stranger calls. When I was a kid, the Birds. The first paranormal activity. Not so much the movie, but the sounds of the stomping footsteps. The Excorsist While listening to the radio the other day they were talking about a new movie out called It Follows. Sounded scary.
Regular Contributor

Let the Right One In, Director, Tomas Alfredson, Rotten Tomatoes gave it 98%. Watch it at night its a good movie.Smile

Respected Contributor

The Sixth Sense knocked the wind out of me at the end. I did know that was coming, but the ending made sense.
Regular Contributor

Wes Craven movies are great!! Candyman series is super!!

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Trusted Contributor

""The Uninvited"" (1944) is my favorite.
Honored Contributor

I also really liked What Lies Beneath with Michelle Pfeiffer and Harrison Ford, it was so suspenseful and the ending was great!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I'm typically not a scary movie person, but I LOVED The Sixth Sense, and loved it even more once you know the ending!

Frequent Contributor

The original 13 Ghosts (1965), Carrie, It, Crowhaven Farm, I have so many too many to mention, lol
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A quick thanks for listing The Uninvited.  I watched this weekend and, while I didn't find it particularly scary or spooky, it was a lovely movie with some great lines given to Ray Milland.  The DVD Netflix sent me had an introductory talk discussing the actors and the plot, which made for a richer experience.

Someone else recommended Picnic at Hanging Rock, which I also rented as I'd never seen it.  That one has a completely different feel.  I also didn't find it scary or spooky.  I think the writer of the original novel perhaps cheated the readers just a bit since no explanation was ever given for the disappearances.  I haven't read the novel, so perhaps the writing makes up for this by being excellent.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

The Shinning, The Others (Nicole Kidman) and Psycho which always, to this day, forces me to look in the shower in a hotel/motel and Silence of the Lambs in which Anthony Hopkins showed pure evil without special effects and only by his acting ability.