Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have a spooky movie that you really liked?

I also remembered "Wolfen", which creeped me out as a kid! My mom would have had a fit had she known I watched it at that age since she monitored my television shows and movies pretty well. That one slipped by her!

Honored Contributor

I've never seen Picnic At Hanging Rock though I want to. A show that is scary but more of a thriller is a remake of Last House On The Left. IMO it seems so realistic. It's disturbing. The first movie was made in the 70's but the one I'm talking about was made about five years ago.

Honored Contributor

The Big Driver

Super Contributor

The Changeling with George C Scott was a movie that for whatever reason scared me. I've watched all sorts of scary movies, but for some reason this one got to me. It was made in 1980 and I'm sure compared to movies made today, it might not seem that scary to some. Another one that was disturbing was The Entity, supposedly based on a true story. I agree with betteb about The Haunting with Julie Harris and Claire Bloom.

Lots of scary ones to pick from. I usually am watching peeking through my fingers of one hand, lol.

Vicki

Respected Contributor

Deliverance
Honored Contributor

Oh I forgot-Trilogy of Terror, all short scary stories with Karen Black!!!!!!I remember my sister and I couldn't sleep that night after watching this!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Just about all the movies mentioned already.

I'm still trying to get up the nerve to watch the 1960 Black Sunday movie with Barbara Steele my sister swears that movie still scares the you know what out of her.

Respected Contributor

A movie with Denzel and John Goodman called FALLEN was really really creepy. Very well acted. I agree also about Sixth Sense and Storm of the Century. Storm of the century actually made me tremble.

Trusted Contributor

Great walk down scary memory lane. Love all of the mentioned. The Haunting of Hill House always got to me. And I remember going to the movies to see Black Sunday. I was in junior high and I couldn't sleep all that night!! Barbara Steele was the bomb!

My favorite right now is The Conjouring. Truly scary and very creepy with an atmosphere that takes you over. The farm house it's based on is in my state -- made it even scarier for me. I recommend it highly if you've not seen it.

Candy

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2015 candy said:

Great walk down scary memory lane. Love all of the mentioned. The Haunting of Hill House always got to me. And I remember going to the movies to see Black Sunday. I was in junior high and I couldn't sleep all that night!! Barbara Steele was the bomb!

My favorite right now is The Conjouring. Truly scary and very creepy with an atmosphere that takes you over. The farm house it's based on is in my state -- made it even scarier for me. I recommend it highly if you've not seen it.

Candy

I watched The Conjuring last weekend and that was truly scary I didn't think they made them that good anymore and it's based on the farmhouse in your state....YIKES!