Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite news anchor?

[ Edited ]

For news anchors, I used to like Michelle Marsh and Sue Simmons.  Guess they are both retired.  They were local NYC news readers.

For cable news hosts, I like Don Lemon.

I , too, miss Tim Russert.  He never shied away from asking follow-up questions.

Esteemed Contributor

Russert will never be surpassed!   That being said, I go with the personality I like and find entertaining.  I can make up my own mind about issues by researching them.  We are human and few broadcasters deliver the news without bias.  I watch O'Reilly, Cavuto and the Five....yes, FOX usually is conservative but with this particular election cycle, it is the only station without bias as the ownership is not committed to the conservative candidate....I find many of the F0X commentators have had interesting prior careers and good credentials.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Stray wrote:

Russert will never be surpassed!   That being said, I go with the personality I like and find entertaining.  I can make up my own mind about issues by researching them.  We are human and few broadcasters deliver the news without bias.  I watch O'Reilly, Cavuto and the Five....yes, FOX usually is conservative but with this particular election cycle, it is the only station without bias as the ownership is not committed to the conservative candidate....I find many of the F0X commentators have had interesting prior careers and good credentials.  

I so agree!

Honored Contributor

Jake Tapper, serious journalist (and cartoonist)

Anderson Cooper, can do and does anything . . . cute as hell, love his quirky giggle, out in the field often, does excellent specials

Don Lemon, funny, relentless in interviews

Van Jones . . . I think I'm gonna faint

Michelle Kozinsky, White House correspondent, most beautiful woman on TV

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986