Valued Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite news anchor?

Tim Russert:  the master of his craft.  Sorely missed.

Tom Brokaw:  a professional, class act, has done it all.  It's good to see him doing so well.

Lester Holt:  a professional, class act.

Chris Matthews:  a true student of history and politics and obviously loves his job.

Rachel Maddow:  extremely smart, thoughtful.

Andrea Mitchell:  a professional, class act, has seen it all.

Anderson Cooper: another professional, class act.

Brian Williams:  despite his prior problems, he has redeemed himself and is still a good reporter/anchor.  Enjoy his wry sense of humor.  I'm glad he's back.

Joy Reid:  fearless and not afraid to challenge.  Nothing gets by her -- she will call out and shut down the phonies.  Somebody's got to do it, and she does with great effectiveness.  She's got a great future ahead of her.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Brooklynny wrote:

Tim Russert:  the master of his craft.  Sorely missed.

Tom Brokaw:  a professional, class act, has done it all.  It's good to see him doing so well.

Lester Holt:  a professional, class act.

Chris Matthews:  a true student of history and politics and obviously loves his job.

Rachel Maddow:  extremely smart, thoughtful.

Andrea Mitchell:  a professional, class act, has seen it all.

Anderson Cooper: another professional, class act.

Brian Williams:  despite his prior problems, he has redeemed himself and is still a good reporter/anchor.  Enjoy his wry sense of humor.  I'm glad he's back.

Joy Reid:  fearless and not afraid to challenge.  Nothing gets by her -- she will call out and shut down the phonies.  Somebody's got to do it, and she does with great effectiveness.  She's got a great future ahead of her.

Brooklynny,

You made me remember Lawrence O'Donnell from MSNBC.  (We both are fans of that network I can see).   I love how Lawrence gets the best headlines and really gets into the stories and is almost like an investigative reporter.

Valued Contributor

@Black Cat Back, ah yes.  Mea culpa for leaving Lawrence O'Donnell off my list!  I watch him often, and I appreciate the way he dissects everything and breaks it down to the facts.  He knows his stuff.  Also enjoy Morning Joe for their spirited discussions.  Yesterday's program (Friday), especially the 6am block, was a real hoot.  Yes...if I didn't make it clear, I AM a fan of MSNBC...lol....

Respected Contributor

Don Lemon at CNN 

Ashleigh Banfield at CNN

Anderson Cooper at CNN

Respected Contributor

I used to like Brian Williams! The more I watch the less I like the anchors! I like Mika on Morning Joe, and Donny Deutch (sp?). Actually, all but the former Bush aide woman on Morning Joe are good. CNN has gotten too opinionated now. Fine, if you give both sides, but they all seem to be leaning right! I want to hear both sides of an issue or one unbiased side!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

@cherry

I liked Tim Russert also.  His passing was such a loss to the news cycle. No one could touch him.  

Respected Contributor

@just bee

Tony Snow was also perfection as George W. Bush's press secretary.

Honored Contributor

Dare I say, I liked Brian Williams?

I still watch NBC Nightly News and think Lester Holt is doing fine.  I find him rather bland.

David Muir has a great voice.  Scott Pelley does a nice job too.

Trusted Contributor

I like "The Five" on Fox.

Honored Contributor

No. show hosts, news anchors, and used car salesmen I could care less about.