Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite news anchor?

[ Edited ]

Brett Baier, Howard Kurtz, Greg Gutfield

Trusted Contributor

I like Lou Dobbs; he tells it like it is.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I'm very fond of Neil Cavuto.

Cavuto

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I like the features on ABC World news with David Muir, like their Person of the Week & Made in America.   

I  keep an eye on weather & local news but would rather get my news from various sites on the internet.  News anchors have become personalities.

Tim Russert was a good guy.    Gone too soon.

@cherry wrote:

I loved Tim Russert, who was always such a gentleman. He was laid back, not edgy, and h didn't scream or yell. Honestly they  broke the mold when he was on TV

I miss him a lot

Honored Contributor

May I mention another?  He passed away in 2008 after battling colon cancer.  He was a sterling human being and his coverage of September 11, 2001 is still fresh in my mind.  When he began to tear up on camera, I lost it.  I still miss him.

Tony Snow.

Tony Snow

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

On first glance, I thought that was David Letterman in the photo of Tony Snow.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

On first glance, I thought that was David Letterman in the photo of Tony Snow.

Here's another.

Tony Snow

Respected Contributor

Jake Tapper, Chris Matthews and Anderson Cooper. My mother and Wolf Blitzer's mother were friends so I have a soft spot for him. I student taught at the high school he went to; he wasn't in my classes though.

Mrs. Blitzer wanted Wolfie to become a lawyer or doctor. She was upset when he majored in journalism and followed through with it. She thought he'd never make a living!

She lived to see him become very successful. He was very generous to her.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

Jake Tapper, Chris Matthews and Anderson Cooper. My mother and Wolf Blitzer's mother were friends so I have a soft spot for him. I student taught at the high school he went to; he wasn't in my classes though.

Mrs. Blitzer wanted Wolfie to become a lawyer or doctor. She was upset when he majored in journalism and followed through with it. She thought he'd never make a living!

She lived to see him become very successful. He was very generous to her.

**************************************************************************************************

I agree.  Wolfie is a real mensch.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I liked Brian Williams. I miss seeing him on the "NBC Nightly News".

I love Brian too and he's back on the air on MSNBC M-Thursday at 11pm Eastern.   He has his own show and I love how he opens and closes it like he did on the Nightly News.