Super Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite movie clip?

On 9/19/2014 luvpoos said:

I do, from the movie Bridges of Madison County. It's when Meryl Streep and her husband are in a truck in the pouring rain downtown and Clint's truck is in front of them. I just wanted her to jump out and be with Clint. I loved that movie.

I must agree! I swear I just teared up reading your post. I think some of us have been in very similar situations and we know her range of emotions during that scene. In an instant, she had sealed her own fate and she knew it. Definitely watching that movie again SOON!

Super Contributor

On 9/22/2014 expatgal said:
On 9/19/2014 luvpoos said:

I do, from the movie Bridges of Madison County. It's when Meryl Streep and her husband are in a truck in the pouring rain downtown and Clint's truck is in front of them. I just wanted her to jump out and be with Clint. I loved that movie.

I must agree! I swear I just teared up reading your post. I think some of us have been in very similar situations and we know her range of emotions during that scene. In an instant, she had sealed her own fate and she knew it. Definitely watching that movie again SOON!

I have to watch this movie in its entirety! When I was watching it, years ago, I was interrupted and never got to the end!

Thanks for intriguing my interest!

And thanks, to all, for all the great movie suggestions and information!

Esteemed Contributor

I love Barbra Streisand. The Way We Were with Robert Redford. She brushed his hair away on his forehead. It choked me up.

For me you had to give someone up for you knew it didn't work no matter how much you loved the person.

Super Contributor

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die..." In the Princess Bride, when he finally gets to have his showdown with the 6 fingered man...ending with "I want my father back, you ____!" Loved that movie. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I still snot up when I watch it. (Field of Dreams)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_wnD6jxREU

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

The clip in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation where Clark totally freaks out about the 'jelly of the month' club. I love after his rant he goes ""Where's the Tylenol!?"" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQXuazYI_YU

The scene in 50/50 right before Joseph Gordon Jevitt's character goes in for surgery. He tried to play it strong the whole movie and then you finally see the vulnerability. Makes me sad. But such good acting IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwLcHWwjkV4

Super Contributor

Most dramatic: Daniel Day-Lewis in Last of the Mohicans when he's at the waterfall and says "I will find you" as Clannad's song of the same name plays. Chills!

For comedy, I agree with the rant by Chevy Chase in Christmas vacation and also his "head nod" visit to the Grand Canyon in the original movie.

A few of Steve Martin's scenes in The Jerk: when he is told he is adopted; when he runs around shouting "The phonebooks are here" and when he is leaving his house and Bernadtte Peters and says he doesn't need anything and then proceeds to add "except this, and this," etc. as he grabs random things while heading out the door.

Steve Martin and Michael Caine scene in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels where they are at the dinner table. Between the request to go to the bathroom and the bit with the cork on the fork, I can't stop laughing.

TED: When he tries to guess the name of Mark Wahlberg's girlfriend.

Honored Contributor

The Bridges of Madison Co scene and The Way We were scene are part of my fave list too.

Respected Contributor

Almost anything from Mrs. Doubtfire. Robin Williams was absolutely brilliant.

Ghost: the clay scene, and Whoopi Goldberg in the bank

Honored Contributor

The one I think of at the moment is when, in the woods, Bella is left by Edward. Just jerks your heart out. Like Pride and Prejudice, when Miss Elizabeth, sends Mr. Darcy away, I thought they'd kiss, but she turns down his marriage proposal.

But, in Steel Magnolias when it's the closing scene and that music, makes me wish I were there. Love that.

And all of Notting Hill!!!

I love the cottage in Miss Potter (little country home), just love to look at it. But when she arrived too late for her fiancé's funeral.