Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have SiriusXM radio?

Many helpful replies....I guess since I have done without it so far, except for the free trial, I probably could live without it when the trial is over. Unless my husband really likes it and wants it, I probably will decline renewing UNLESS I get a heck of a deal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually liked Sirius a lot, and had it with my last 3 leases but did not  renew after the trial this time.  I am not in my car for long time periods to justify the added expense.  

Also think its cheap that they want more money for the phone app subscription when you are a radio subcriber.

Last time around they kept sending letters/calls renew this time nothing.  But terrestrial radio does stink

Honored Contributor

I got a free year subscription with my new vehicle and love it.  You can download an app to your phone, Ipod, Ipad, tablet, etc for no extra charge and listen on your PC or laptop also.  A friend of mine had the free subscription and when she didn't renew they contacted her and she told them she didn't drive enough to renew and she got a year for $4.99 a month.  It's about $15 a month and would be worth it for me just for the app for my phone alone as I can't be bothered to download music.

Honored Contributor

We've had it for about 10 years. We were with XM before the merger. I think it depends how much you listen to the radio. I did listen to it maybe half the time back when I drove the car we have it in. But when I bought my new car I choose to put a stereo in that allowed me to play music through my ipod/iphone. I only miss it occasionally. But I'm not much of a radio person. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I have it in the car and wouldn't be without it. I'm currently listening to the Billy Joel channel and am hearing songs I'd forgotten about. Otherwise I usually listen to Broadway and sing my heart out while I'm driving.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I love it in my car, I'm just generally spoiled by it, lol. But having it at home is what I would hate to give up. I pretty much watch a little of The Today show, then it's satellite radio until I tune into something to watch in the evening. (Unless I watch some home shopping or Y & R occasionally, haha ) If I'm home, my radio is on. But then I love music and I'm home quite a bit, especially during the winter. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

I have it in my car and home. I've had it for years and love it!  A small amount to pay for any genre of music without commercials. 

@Reba055  Did you have to purchase a seperate account for having it in home? What I am asking is  IF I pay to have it in my car....can that signal also go to a radio in my home? Or are they seperate signals and two different accounts.

You have one account and pay for each radio on that account. But they used to offer discounts for additional radios. We do have a radio for the house, on top of our car radio but we dropped the subscription on the house radio. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

If you threaten to do away with it, they will offer it to for next to nothing just to keep it, trust me on this. I love the 60's nd 70's stations.

Trusted Contributor

I love mine. It had got to the point that was nothing on the car radio that I liked to listen too. I have an older car so the radio didn't come with it, but I had one installed by Geek Squad at Best Buy. I like a lot of oldies, so this is great for me. Recently I upgraded to more music and have the Elvis and Sinatra stations. I'm really enjoying that.

Honored Contributor

I have it and I absolutely love it.  I don't want to be without it.  I don't mind paying for it.  

If you decide not to get it be sure to check every now and then as they often have FREE times when you can listen.  They often aren't well advertised.

My 2 friends like it when it's free.  I would rather just have it all of the time and don't mind paying for it.

I have 2 radios where I can listen at home too.