Honored Contributor

Re: Do you get a kick out of the clothes in old movies? I do.

When we visited one of the studios in California, there were lifesize replica's of some of the famous stars. They were so tiny! I really was very surprised.

Respected Contributor

Is there anyone here who remembers The Loretta Young Show?  She used to come through a door or curtain wearing the most beautiful gowns.  I remember watching the show with my mom and just oohing and awing over the gowns that she wore each week.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

Is there anyone here who remembers The Loretta Young Show?  She used to come through a door or curtain wearing the most beautiful gowns.  I remember watching the show with my mom and just oohing and awing over the gowns that she wore each week.

I watched it with my mom, too. Had to be the age of crinolines. Sometimes I thought Loretta wasn't going to make it thru the doorway! My mom loved it. (too square for me, lol)

Trusted Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I like watching old movies and love the fashions too! 

My favorites...

Love Grace Kelley's outfits in "Rear Window" and "To Catch a Thief". I also like Ingrid Bergman's clothes in "Casablanca" & "Notorious". 

@wilma  How about the fashion from the movie "High Society" with GK, Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra? GK made everything she wore look great.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many of those women w/the tiny bodies were starved by the studios and fed diet pills and cigarettes. An example is: Judy Garland.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely! Sometimes, it the best part!