Honored Contributor

Do we know if there will be any olympics this year?

I watch the competitions on t.v. off and on, and these people are incredible.  So good to watch.  So much work went into all this.  Do you know?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do we know if there will be any olympics this year?

There surely are a lot of athletes planning on participating.  Of course there will be unless it's canceled at the last minute for some reason. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes - the opening ceremony will be on the 23rd.

Honored Contributor

I watched all of those wonderful young people compete for the chance to win an Olympic medal.

Through the years they’ve missed family celebrations, eating wonderful foods that aren’t good for one’s body, being able to get their life started....and so on.

Just for this one chance to show the world “they are the best in the world”.

I hope they are able to show the entire world what can be achieved through sacrifice and hard work.

As I watched, I thought about the kids who know they’ll never have the chance to compete in swimming or any of the things we associate with summer.

If I had the money I think it would be amazing to take many of these kids (black, white, brown) and for a few weeks let them experience what many of us take for granted.

All of my grandchildren have wonderful lives.  Their parents see to it if they show an interest in swimming or playing a musical instrument...whatever, their parents see to it that they have a chance to explore their interests.

But I make sure they never take any of it for granted.  Just like I did with their mom’s, I make sure they understand how lucky they are.

I know the other side of life.  I believe life has lessons for us and we must pay attention; because that’s the only way we become better people.

To sum it up (finally, I know)...life is amazing and I sure hope these kids are able to show the world how amazing it is.

Honored Contributor

The Olympics will take place July 23 to August 8 in Tokyo.   They will be televised on the NBC Network.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

the cake has already been baked . Sure, they will have the Olympics  , as millions  can be made. We'll all be wearing masks again  in the fall... but the Olympics will go on.