Honored Contributor

Do You "Follow" Anyone on Social Media?

I never have, it never occurred to me but recently I ran across a young woman on Facebook who's cute as a button and lives on a farm in Tennessee.  She has all kinds of animals but is most interested in breeding horses.  She gives at least daily, sometimes hourly, reports on the progression of the pregnancies of her mares.

Yesterday evening she felt sure one favorite's birthing was eminent.  I could hardly wait to get on line this morning to find out what happened and was excited to see a brand new colt foal which is just adorable.  He was born by in vetro.  His biological mom is expecting a foal next month.  It will be a full sibling to this baby.

Screenshot_20230225-171637_kindlephoto-68535174.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Do You "Follow" Anyone on Social Media?

It must be so wonderful to see that in person too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Well, this is my extent to social media. I have no Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Someday I may but currently this forum is all I can keep up with. 

Your case Kachina sounds so fun though. Maybe some day I will branch out. 

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624   I mostly follow home decorating channels on YouTube and love Natasha's Kitchen for recipes. But I love anything with animals and animal rescue.  I enjoy j"Phil and Alex" on YouTube. (that's the name of their channel) They are a growing family facing infertility and have an adopted child and 2 natural childbirths. But they live on a little farm and have chickens,cows, pigs and grow their own vegetables. It's fun and they are a cute family. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i follow a lot of people and use fb, instagram, and twitter. they are "famous" or maybe even a few "infamous" for many different reasons. thanks for the recommendation @Kachina624 .

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I follow authors that I like so that I know when their next book is coming out. Also they give good recommendations for other books that they like. I also follow  some chefs and cooking blogs to pick up tips and recipes. I love cats so I can't resist cat videos.Also if I run across someone who seems interesting I follow for as long as they hold my attention.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

No, I don't.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  - I follow a few beauty influencers and The Asher House - which is a dog sanctuary run by Lee Asher.  

Honored Contributor

No but my dad and I were there to help a foal up just after it hit the ground and we rubbed him and petted and stayed with it for a long time.  Next morning when we came to the gate it left its mama and ran to us.

It was always of a mind that we were it's special people I think from the way it acted.  Good thing, its mama could care less about it, so she fed it but it hung out with another horse.  

Honored Contributor

I have to limit myself, @Kachina624 ,  because there are so many interesting accounts out there--

"Farmhouse Vernacular" was a youtube favorite.   A pair of engineers,  Paige and her husband, bought a Victorian farmhouse deep in the countryside, and have laboriously restored it, bit by bit.   But she has recently scrubbed her account.  I think some of these youtubers do get harrassed mercilessly, and decide it is not worth it to open themselves up to the public.  I completely see their point.

Love various interior designers, one of my biggest interests--  Laurel Bern, Cindy Hattersley.   "Homeworthy" is my favorite youtube site for fun and diverse home tours-- addictive.

To keep current,  Peter Schweizer,  Miranda Devine,  Ben Shapiro accounts,  among others.   For sheer wisdom in compact form,  "Thomas Sowell Quotes" on twitter distills down the consistently incisive observations of this brilliant economist and thinker.  

For a theological perspective on the world,  Albert Mohler's "The Briefing",  and his interviews with a dizzying array of cultural figures.  At a more pop culture level, Chynna Phillips, oddly enough, has been on a spiritual journey for a very long time, and her cordial and funny youtube site reflects that.

During Covid, I started looking at Jonah Goldberg's twitter feed, just for his adorable dog content, every morning.  "Zoe" is his yellow huntress, he calls her his "dingo",  and "Pippa" is a soulful spaniel who tweets poignantly every single day (it's hard to explain, ha.....)