Honored Contributor

Re: Do You (or Would You) Buy A Product Simply Because A Celebrity Is In The Commercial?

I know several policemen. My best friend's husband is a retired police Lieutenant. He said that is true, they do notice flashy (red among them) colors. But, he added, sometimes they get a bread it they are cars that are smaller (not sports cars) like a Honda (I can't think of one).

He also said they do have a quota but they don't call it that. They call it 'activity'. So, when you are nearing the end of the month, you look and see that you haven't had much activity. You are more likely to stop a car for something.

There are a lot of things figuring into that too. If they have a busy month (i.e. Drs, etc) they are less likely to stop a person because they are supposed to appear in court (at least where I live) when that person goes to court.

Light colored cars are supposed to be the safest cars because other drivers notice them more. That makes sense but I remember my husband brought home a Mercedes SUV once and it was white. I drove it for awhile until I got tired of having my family tease me that it looked like I was driving a bath tub. I guess it was white and the shape maybe. Note here: I disliked Mercedes SUV's because back then the cartridge that held the CD's was in the back. My husband loved Bill Cosby. He loaded the thing with Cosby CD's and oldies music. That was fine but it did get old. Ha!

Anyway, in my opinion (back then anyway) the smoothest car to ride in was the Chrysler.

I own an Acura. I was in an accident in 2011. The car should have been totaled. The insurance company put a little over $19,000 into that car to fix it. The auto body couldn't believe it. The insurance co said, "They hold their value". Whatever, I still drive it. It only has under 60,000 miles. Ha!

Super Contributor

Re: Do You (or Would You) Buy A Product Simply Because A Celebrity Is In The Commercial?

FYI - Matthew McConaughey stars in ads for Lincoln, not Chrysler.
Matthew McConaughey's True Detective-esque Lincoln ad and ...

Honored Contributor

Thanks keri. I don't know one from the other. Thanks. Is that what he's doing? Is it a Lincoln because he drove on on that show Or did he? I didn't see the show.

I can't understand what he's saying. I think (to me) he's trying to be so cool it looses me.

Super Contributor

I never watched the show, but numerous online articles and blogs indicate that Matthew McConaughey's current Lincoln ads are a nod to his TV series, True Detective and his 2011 feature film, The Lincoln Lawyer .

Honored Contributor

Well keri I don't think that makes sense (just my idea) that the car company would put so much money into something many people did not see.

Super Contributor

On 9/14/2014 annabellethecat said:

Thanks keri. I don't know one from the other. Thanks. Is that what he's doing? Is it a Lincoln because he drove on on that show Or did he? I didn't see the show.

I can't understand what he's saying. I think (to me) he's trying to be so cool it looses me.

Thanks keri, that's how much attention I pay to commercials , I thought it was the Chrysler