Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Watch Ink Master?

I do. For several years now. I DVR it. I wish they'd stick more to the tatooing and less to all the screaming & yelling & arguing back at the loft. I really think a lot of that is scripted & staged. I also think some of the oohing and ahhing faces the camera catches when they announce various challenges are also scripted. I love the show just for the unbelievable talent. Well also to see just how much more freaky looking Dave Novarro can get from week to week and year to year. Good grief that hair! This season is the worst! I think he has an  implant in the larger flatter part of the ear in addition to all the piercings and earrings. Some of the tatoo artists freak me out as well with all the tatoos and piercings everywhere. Hate the females with the nose rings, looks like big boogers.

A few years ago there was another show about tatoo artists that focused more on the art of tatooing and less on the "drama" that went on. It was also a competition with 3 judges. Think it might have been called Best Ink but not 100% sure about that. I wish that one wold come back.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirlI must agree with your post.  I have seen that silicone implant in Dave's ear!  I still think he is cute and young enough to be my son.  Chris has lost weight, have you noticed?  Peck has dyed his hair but not his mustashe.  I do not like the flash challenges and love the tatooing.  Don't care for the bickering either.  Don't like the term canvas for models.......

The freakiest person on TV IMO is Glen on "Face Off."  He is one wierd bird, love V Neal but that's another show, sorry.

Yes, I remember several ohter tatoo shows but they're all gone now.  Maybe there will be some new ones this fall.

Thanks for writing!

C

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@shaggygirlI must agree with your post.  I have seen that silicone implant in Dave's ear!  I still think he is cute and young enough to be my son.  Chris has lost weight, have you noticed?  Peck has dyed his hair but not his mustashe.  I do not like the flash challenges and love the tatooing.  Don't care for the bickering either.  Don't like the term canvas for models.......

The freakiest person on TV IMO is Glen on "Face Off."  He is one wierd bird, love V Neal but that's another show, sorry.

Yes, I remember several ohter tatoo shows but they're all gone now.  Maybe there will be some new ones this fall.

Thanks for writing!

C

Honestly no I didn't notice Chris's weight loss nor Peck's hair dye job. But will now take notice of both on next week's show. I wonder does Peck EVER not have a toothpick hanging out of his mouth, lol. I don't like the flash challenges either, they have nothing zero nada to do with tatooing. Yet it's amazing how they pull off some stunning things in spite of that. Perhaps that should be a show of it's own! Also don't care for this having 2 former big tatooers come back and have teams going against each other. I guess they think the show wasn't good enough as it was so they manufacture drama.

I agree Dave's cuteness comes through in spite of what he's done to himself. I know he has had struggles with addiction & depression yet he seems to be quite a nice person, honest with yet never nasty to the contestants. Yeh I could be his mother too. My youngest just turned 46 a couple of days ago. OMG that's scary!

No idea who Glen is nor what the Face Off show is about.

Honored Contributor

i dont but my kids do.

we have a friend who is on this season!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I've been watching Ink Masters for many season, as well as Face Off.

(Love both Ve Neill and Glenn Hetrick)

I have much respect for tattoo artists and enjoy the competition part of the show.

I agree that this season is a little off compared to past seasons.  One of my favorite tattoo artist is female artist, Ryan Ashley.  She's so talented. Also, Anthony Michael.

He is pure Zen.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl@Lyttlewyng@sunshine45

Thank you all so much for writing back.  This is the kind of posting I enjoy but unfortunately I've been under the weather after a huge rock/yard landscaping job I did with my husband, sigh...  We are in a fixer upper and have tired to do many jobs ourselves and now we're hurting.  

I'm on the mend and will gladly write again hopefully with you all!

Enjoy the shows mentioned and I look for you!

Cathy

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl  Glen is a judge on the Si Fi channel where makeup/special effects are created for movies.  Several compete as in Ink Master.  Glen is not typical in looks and I hope you can view the show and see for yourself.  The weekly show is called Face/Off and I think it is in it's last season but there are years of re-runs.  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45  That is so cool!!!  My DH's tattoo artest and his son were going to be a team on there but I never heard why it didn't happen.  

Respected Contributor

@Lyttlewyng wrote:

I've been watching Ink Masters for many season, as well as Face Off.

(Love both Ve Neill and Glenn Hetrick)

I have much respect for tattoo artists and enjoy the competition part of the show.

I agree that this season is a little off compared to past seasons.  One of my favorite tattoo artist is female artist, Ryan Ashley.  She's so talented. Also, Anthony Michael.

He is pure Zen.

Yes Ve is my all time favorite!!!  Ryan is a doll!  My favorite is Kelly Doty.  I'm sure my old hyde would not make a good canvas but I would let her give it a try if we were in the same area. Lol.