Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like Spooky/ scary/ bloody Movies?

Spooky an scary definitely YES!  Bloody (as in chain saw) definitely no!

So, last night I woke up at 3:15AM.  I went to the bathroom and went in kitchen to get me some water.  My cats woke up and jumped and kept staring at the foyer.  The boy cat (Bill) ran to the foyer front door.  I'm not afraid of most things but it kinda wigged me out a little so I took the big butcher knife (I used to sleep with one) to bed.

I fell back to sleep but instead of shutting the bedroom door (like I usually do to keep the cats out) I left it open.

I live in a big house with lots of doors and windows.  I have an alarm system but never set it.  When a door or window is open though it announces it so I knew no one had been inside of the house.  Still you know how animals can wig you out with their sudden stares!

I always feel like they're thinking...."heh! heh!  Made you look".  Ha!

If I had taken medicine to make me sleep I'd have gone downstairs and investigated but was still a big woozy so I didn't want to go up and down the stairs.  I'm never afraid of things.....just felt kinda cautious.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spooky or scary can be all right but I can't stand bloody or violent...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Suspenseful scary movies that are somewhat bloody. An American Werewolf in London and The Howling and others without blood and gore, Rosemary's Baby. Alien was good and so was It and even Christine and of course Psycho.

Honored Contributor

i pretty much hate spooky/scary/horror movies.....and pretty much always have.

i do enjoy psychologicial thrillers (some of stephen king and some of m night shyamalan, for example.) i also like bloody or violent movies like the godfather, scarface, goodfellas, etc....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

While I want to say yes, I end up being scared and cover my eyes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope, Freddy Kruger types, chain saw, blood and guts, etc. never did and still don't like those kind of films!

Honored Contributor

These days life it’s self is scary enough for me!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

This post brought back a lovely, childhood memory. Staying up late at night with my mom, eating popcorn, drinking Kool-Aid and watching ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

I hate scary movies and especially anything bloody or gorey!

@Someone mentioned the movie "Burnt Offerings"... oh my gosh, I remember watching that as a teen years ago.  Yes, that was scary!  I'd love to see it again to see if it's as scary to me as an adult!

I can't even read scary books without feeling paranoid.  Years ago, I read the Amityville Horror.  It was night-time, my husband wasn't home and my young children were sleeping.  I couldn't bring myself to go downstairs into the cellar to put my laundry in the dryer...I was that scared!!!  Can you imagine if I ever saw "Psycho"?  Would my showering days be over?????

Esteemed Contributor

No. I don't like horror and violent movies which is why I have not watched much TCM as it seems to be all horror all the time this October.

I always disliked those Ray Harryhausen stop motion monster movies when I was a child. Those were frightening movies.

I dislike gorry movies. I remember in college we used to have some free or $1 movie nights and I had my coat over my head for a lot of those knife scenes in the movie "Play Misty For Me"