Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Do This To Yourself?

I watch all of these shows but they don't 'bother' me.

If anything, they teach me to be more aware of what could happen in this world we live in.

Respected Contributor

@sugar plum wrote:
I don't scare easily, so I enjoy many true crime shows but my preference is true crime documentaries that aren't on network TV.

What interests me the most is how they use forensics and profiling techniques to catch these people.

And I'm not one of the "dregs of society" as another poster mentioned. 🙄 This comment was unnecessary.

@sugar plum , your post is spot on IMO.  The "dreg....." comment was not needed.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Puzzle Piece  - I enjoy watching true crime shows.  They don't bother me at all and some stories I end up researching on the internet.

Last night I fell asleep to Dateline and didn't get to see the ending - darn it.

@San Antonio Gal.  That makes me so mad. I watch a 1 or 2 hour show then fall asleep in the last few minutes so don't know whodunit.  Grrrrrrr.

@Kachina624  @San Antonio Gal.

I know you both already know this .... but keep in mind DVR is your friend.   lol   

I can't watch anything in real time anymore.   Not only because i might fall asleep, but I just can't handle the agony of not being able to FF through commercials!  

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece   If you get True Crime Network, check out.....

proxy-image.jpg  Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac  That sort of thing would be terrifying to think about.  Where would one go to escape the killer?  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece   The killer never chases their victims.  It's an oppertunity kill.

There are cameras all over a cruise ship except none ever have footage of the killer throwing the victim overboard when the victim cannot be found on the ship.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

The majority of the shows I watch are true crime shows. I also read true crime books. My favorite true crime authors are Ann Rule and W Michael Phelps. I've read all of their books, some of them twice.

Respected Contributor

Guilty as charged!  Woman LOL

Yes I watch them and do fall asleep before I find out the perpetrator some nights, but catch up on re-runs.

Love the guy who narrates one of them...he can pronounce words of devices used by police like "spectrochronometers" or something like that.

I've also become an expert in DNA!!!  lol

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@sabatini @That was too funny,,  I lam a true crime fan.