Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Believe Dustin Did It?

I still don't know all the details and may never hear them.  He just doesn't strike me as the forward type is all.  I don't even know who the accusers are of if they are flakes.

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

I don't believe Dustin Hoffman would force himself on anyone.  Has anyone heard/read the accusations?

@Jackhound Mom

NOT being a smart aleck, but I wonder why you don't believe this.  Do you know him personally?  Have you seen many interviews to get even a small sense of what he's like IRL?     

I don't know if it's true or not.   He's a good actor, but that doesn't really have anything to do with his character.

(I know people don't want to believe bad things about people they happen to like.  Years ago, my mother and I had a lengthy conversation about how she didn't think OJ Simpson killed his ex wife ..... because he was such a good football player when he played for the Buffalo Bills.   So how could he be a murder?   Go figure.  Woman Frustrated)   

Respected Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

I still don't know all the details and may never hear them.  He just doesn't strike me as the forward type is all.  I don't even know who the accusers are of if they are flakes.

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

I don't believe Dustin Hoffman would force himself on anyone.  Has anyone heard/read the accusations?

@Jackhound Mom

NOT being a smart aleck, but I wonder why you don't believe this.  Do you know him personally?  Have you seen many interviews to get even a small sense of what he's like IRL?     

I don't know if it's true or not.   He's a good actor, but that doesn't really have anything to do with his character.

(I know people don't want to believe bad things about people they happen to like.  Years ago, my mother and I had a lengthy conversation about how she didn't think OJ Simpson killed his ex wife ..... because he was such a good football player when he played for the Buffalo Bills.   So how could he be a murder?   Go figure.  Woman Frustrated)   

I read this earlier.  What happened to innocent until proven guilty? 

Now a man running for office is being asked to step down just because he has been accused!  I'm for a trial first.

No I don't know Dustin Hoffman.  He just doesn't strike me as an abuser and that's my opinion.  Certianly that is what these posts are for the most part. Right? 

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@Jackhound Mom

I read this earlier.  What happened to innocent until proven guilty? 

Now a man running for office is being asked to step down just because he has been accused!  I'm for a trial first.

No I don't know Dustin Hoffman.  He just doesn't strike me as an abuser and that's my opinion.  Certianly that is what these posts are for the most part. Right? 

ITA

Dustin Hoffman does not strike me as being an abuser.    Innocent until proven guilty imho.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I do not know Dustin Hoffman so there is no way for me to know how he acts and what he does!

I am 75 and there was never a time when I considered a sexual pass was a compliment, it was always disrespectful to me, responded to by an automatic rebuff by me....

Esteemed Contributor

No judgment on anyone without facts, just as poster stated, we don't know accusers personally. Something my MIL, 83 years old, shared with me: Growing up, you had to be able to run faster than the men in your family and your male neighbors. 

Only since I've been an adult has our culture / globe been on the same page about this issue not being acceptable or tolerated. It took the world a while to find sanity and truth regarding this issue. It's a positive thing that the pressue is 'on.' However, I wouldn't want innocent people to be falsely accused. Those who falsey accuse should pay a high price for their manipulations.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau