Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Believe Dustin Did It?

It seems impossible for someone to judge whether or not this happened as we don't know the individuals involved.  We can "love" someone as an actor but unless we know him/her how can we judge their character? JMO

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

God made us imperfect. No one, is an angel. No one is free of sin. 

Celebrity may make us think these people are so much better than us due to their looks, talent and prosperity. 

Those with fame gain a lot of power and leverage. They are placed on a pedestal. Success inflates the ego and can lead to hubris and a sense of invulnerability that may lead to the belittlement and mistreatment of others.

When people are adored incessantly, it can turn them into quite horrible people. I don't think any one of us can easily remain humble having people constantly kissing your behind and telling you you're amazing.

You then get used to getting everything you want. Then, when you don't, you get mad. You may become enraged. Anyone spoiled in this manner may do things they feel they have an entitlement to do. 

So, ANYONE is capable of this and many other things. This sort of thing happens in families as well when a person has too much power.

After hearing that President H.W. Bush did some things in a wheelchair, and has apologized, I don't put my hand in the flame for anyone.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

You wouldn't believe HOW MANY "undesirable" men gave me trouble in the office............up until I retired at 70.   I am SO thankful I never have to look for a job again...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Boy,, women want to be equal, they can't even take rude comments. Is it ok, no, but so what . Personally I'm tired of whiney women.
Trusted Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
Boy,, women want to be equal, they can't even take rude comments. Is it ok, no, but so what . Personally I'm tired of whiney women.

Wow! I'm hoping I'm misunderstanding your comment. I'm hoping you don't mean that women are whiney because they object to someone touching them unappropriately.

Honored Contributor

Corey Feldman is another person coming forward with accusations against SIX people for bad behavior. He was on Dr. Oz yesterday talking about his fundraiser to support exposing Hollywood's bad people. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You love Dustin Hoffman the actor, you don't know the man. When was it ok to sexually harass anyone ?  This is why woman and men don't come forward.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When you are harassed or molested it's difficult to come forward when the people doing it are famous or are in a position of authority or power.  I know this because it's strikes a cord with me personally. People don't believe you if you speak out and when you do then something must be wrong with you to say such a thing.Woman Frustrated

ETA:  I believe Dustin is guilty of harassment. If someone came forward and accused him of it, then that makes me suspicious even more so. What would be the motive to tarnish a person's reputation on this kind of level? It's embarrassing and wrong on all levels for everyone involved.

Esteemed Contributor

Dustin seems to have said inappropriate things -- but, so far, no one accused him of molesting/raping them. Yes - he does appear to treat people respectfully.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Back in the day, many things that would be considered sexual harassment today were tolerated.

I remember an incident where during my senior year in HS, I drove a classmate friend home after graduation practice.  We stopped at McD for lunch first.

As were we were walking out of the door I felt someone who was coming in the door at the same time grab my bottom.  Without missing a beat, I swung around and slapped a really tall guy in the face.  

I almost had a heart attack when I saw that he was wearing a state police uniform.  I thought I was going to be attested.  His partner laughed and said “ Good for you, that’ll teach him to keep his hands to himself.”

My friend and I left quickly.  I really thought I did something wrong.  

Today, that trooper would  lose his job for that.  I was only 17 at the time too.

i could in no way keep a count of how many guys grabbed me.  I had a very endowed figure at the time.  Many of those guys who were teens  at the time are now in VIP positions.  I am sure they would never do such a thing now.  Times have changed and so have standards.

yeah, Dustin Hoffman might have done something back in the day that he would never think of doing now.  

*** I forgot to say that my DH has had women grab is bottom and make lewd comments. So it seems this type of harassment goes both ways.  The last women who did this to him was an attorney and it was a few months ago.  She has also asked him to go out with her even though she knows he is married.

@CarmieThat trooper would have lost his job for that THEN too, if you'd filed a complaint.  AND you had a witness.  Why didn't you?  Oh yeah...you were young.  But you already knew enough to defend your self.

It's comforting to know that none of the men currently married to the women posting here have ever touched a bottom or grabbed a bottom or worse.

Keepin' it real.