Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Believe Dustin Did It?

@Teddie wrote:

Here’s what I think. I think some of these accusations are getting out of hand. I saw where someone accused George Bush Sr. of inappropriately touching her. The person that was explaining the story said that he is a very elderly man, sitting in a wheelchair and trying to reach up to put his arm around her waist for a photo and of course it’s possible for his arm to slip down some. I just think it’s getting really ridiculous. 

In fairness, there was more there was more to the incident than what you described and more than one accuser.  If it all happened within the last few years though, I think the women could have let it go.

Honored Contributor

Incredible comments justifying inappropriate sexual behavior. The comments Dustin Hoffman said makes me sick to my stomach. His Daughter witnessed! More than once. Disgusting! Shame on HIM.
Esteemed Contributor

I have no idea in all honesty. I don't know any famous people, and quite frankly, some of my close family and friends have blown my mind with things they have done as of late.....

I haven't known people near as well as I thought I did in my close circle, so not gonna even guess about these famous ones.

Respected Contributor

Because you like an actor or a TV personality doesn't mean they are immune from inappropriate behavior. 

Thinking back on my career, I had male bosses that said or did things that would be considered inappropriate.

There was a time some considered a sexual pass a compliment.

People do not apologize for things they did not do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Back in the day, many things that would be considered sexual harassment today were tolerated.

I remember an incident where during my senior year in HS, I drove a classmate friend home after graduation practice.  We stopped at McD for lunch first.

As were we were walking out of the door I felt someone who was coming in the door at the same time grab my bottom.  Without missing a beat, I swung around and slapped a really tall guy in the face.  

I almost had a heart attack when I saw that he was wearing a state police uniform.  I thought I was going to be attested.  His partner laughed and said “ Good for you, that’ll teach him to keep his hands to himself.”

My friend and I left quickly.  I really thought I did something wrong.  

Today, that trooper would  lose his job for that.  I was only 17 at the time too.

i could in no way keep a count of how many guys grabbed me.  I had a very endowed figure at the time.  Many of those guys who were teens  at the time are now in VIP positions.  I am sure they would never do such a thing now.  Times have changed and so have standards.

yeah, Dustin Hoffman might have done something back in the day that he would never think of doing now.  

*** I forgot to say that my DH has had women grab is bottom and make lewd comments. So it seems this type of harassment goes both ways.  The last women who did this to him was an attorney and it was a few months ago.  She has also asked him to go out with her even though she knows he is married.

Respected Contributor

I would hate to think he did anything wrong. I have always been such a Dustin fan. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Incredible comments justifying inappropriate sexual behavior. The comments Dustin Hoffman said makes me sick to my stomach. His Daughter witnessed! More than once. Disgusting! Shame on HIM.

ITA.

To those who feel his appearance/actions gives him innocence...

you don’t know him...none of us do.  I would never draw a line in

the sand like that about a total stranger’s character. 

Honored Contributor

Some comments remind me of the "on, no, Dr. Huxtable wouldn't have done that"

And that not all of the accusers could be telling the truth.

SMH

Regular Contributor

You are quite naive to believe Dustin Hoffman didn't do this!!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political