Respected Contributor

Do You Believe Dustin Did It?

I don't believe Dustin Hoffman would force himself on anyone.  Has anyone heard/read the accusations?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Believe Dustin Did It?

It seems that accusers are coming out of the woodwork, Dustin Hoffman strikes me as a total professional and total gentleman

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems never ending at the moment. Wow! I love Dustin Hoffman.

The news report I just watched did say that he apologized for what he did so...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think this is a case of an earlier generation being judged by a later generation's standards. 

And while it may be morally repugnant to some, a guy being a dog and asking several women out just to sleep with them is not illegal.  If it was, Studio 54 back in the day and our own bars on the corners would not exist.  And women have sure caught up to the whole dogging behavior big time.      

All I can say is TCM and PBS better watch their backs with those old time movie classics.  Watch them be sued for televising inappropriate content next.  Those old school movies with powerful men dominating subservient women are about to be burned. 

I have hope Katharine Hepburn and Bette Davis might make it as the sole survivors but Vivien Leigh is definitely going to be toast.  

Esteemed Contributor

I believe it, especially if he is apologizing.  It is amazing that these people have gotten away with so much until now.  It truly was a different time and not in a good way.  LM

Trusted Contributor

Here’s what I think. I think some of these accusations are getting out of hand. I saw where someone accused George Bush Sr. of inappropriately touching her. The person that was explaining the story said that he is a very elderly man, sitting in a wheelchair and trying to reach up to put his arm around her waist for a photo and of course it’s possible for his arm to slip down some. I just think it’s getting really ridiculous. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom I agree with you.He apologized for it.So he must have done it. Times were different then.

Having been a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace myself back then, I can relate to all those people who stayed silent.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't there, so I have know way of knowing if he did or didn't.  Accusers are crawling out of the woodwork and it's sure thing that they are not ALL telling the truth.  I find it distressing that all some woman has to do is accuse a man of abusive behavior or just rude behavior, and people automatically believe it.  

Trusted Contributor

I do not think because he apologized that means he did anything wrong. I think he’s trying to be a gentleman. I don’t know what’s true or not anymore but like I said, I think this is really getting out of hand. 

Honored Contributor

Men have been educated in the past 50 years. 

Women have become more vocal in enforcing their boundaries and comfort levels.

Time for all of us to move on from the past and go forward with respect in all aspects including our behavior and judgements.