Respected Contributor

Re: Do They Ever Wash Their Hands in Hallmark Movies??

"Many of the things mentioned here I've noticed from time to time in tv shows and movies. The one thing that has always bugged me both in movies and tv shows is watching a couple waking up in bed and immediately going into a smooching session. Does no one worry about morning breath? Lol!"

I agree with you about the morning smooching.  It is gross.  I also notice that the actresses always wake up with full make-up, no crud in their eyes and perfectly coiffed hair.  It must be a new cosmetic line.

Honored Contributor

GasSmiley.gif

Respected Contributor

Best NOT hand washing incident EVER.....

"The Pie" ....Seinfeld episode.

"Poppy is a little sloppy!"

Jerry's girlfriend's father owns a restaurant, and when Jerry goes there with her to eat, he uses the restroom before his meal, and as HE is washing his hands, the restaurant owner Poppy, the girlfriend's father, walks out of a stall, and leaves the restroom without washing his hands....

A few minutes later, we see Poppy twirling and squeezing pizza dough, with his hands,  to make a pie for Jerry and his sweetheart....

HILARIOUS!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I know lastman standing isn't a movies but Mike Baxter always washes his hands and they always make Boyd wash his hand .

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

Best NOT hand washing incident EVER.....

"The Pie" ....Seinfeld episode.

"Poppy is a little sloppy!"

Jerry's girlfriend's father owns a restaurant, and when Jerry goes there with her to eat, he uses the restroom before his meal, and as HE is washing his hands, the restaurant owner Poppy, the girlfriend's father, walks out of a stall, and leaves the restroom without washing his hands....

A few minutes later, we see Poppy twirling and squeezing pizza dough, with his hands,  to make a pie for Jerry and his sweetheart....

HILARIOUS!!!!!

Lol...wish I had seen that!

That reminds me of a time, years ago, I saw an employee at McDonald's coming into work as I was coming through the door at the same time.  I went to get in line.  When I looked around, I see him already at the cash register.  When it came to my turn to order, I asked him if he washed his hands before going to the cash register.  He says, "oh, yeah, for sure."  I didn't report it since I wasn't sure he didn't.  But I don't think he did.  Sometimes thy prepare the ice cream, etc that's behind them.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As far as Hallmark, it's movies.  I don't care to see anyone washing their hands after everything.  I don't need to see them coming out of or going into a bathroom.  Some things are just assumed.  I assume the characters us the restroom periodically even though I don't see it and I'm assuming they shower, do their hair, etc., even though it's not shown and the same goes for hand washing.

As far as the food network shows, I would bet that the handwashing is edited out.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

As far as Hallmark, it's movies.  I don't care to see anyone washing their hands after everything.  I don't need to see them coming out of or going into a bathroom.  Some things are just assumed.  I assume the characters us the restroom periodically even though I don't see it and I'm assuming they shower, do their hair, etc., even though it's not shown and the same goes for hand washing.

As far as the food network shows, I would bet that the handwashing is edited out.  

@Lipstickdiva   You can bet that they don't wash their hands every time they run their fingers through their hair, wipe their forehead, etc., etc.  If they washed their hands when they should be washed, the episode would take forever to shoot.

I remember Bobby Flay had a show on Lifetime, I believe, and he was constantly reminded to wash his hands after he handled food, etc., and he would go to the sink and laugh, as if it was toitally unnecessary and a joke.