Honored Contributor

Re: Do They Ever Wash Their Hands in Hallmark Movies??

My pet peeve isn't just confined to Hallmark movies, but anytime someone is cooking and has long hair hanging down.  Put your hair up!

I guess it bothers me because I have long hair and know how many times I find a loose hair someplace.  

Honored Contributor

They don't go to the bathroom before they leave the house, either.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Lol, @Desertdi , thats definitely something I've noticed since thats something I MUST do.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

It's a Hallmark Movie. Yes, most of the time they are silly, but as someone stated, they are total escape for a little while. Let me ask you something while on the topic of hand washing....in real life do you wash your hands after looking at the menu in a restaurant. The menu is the full of germs. Everyone who sits down in the restaurant touches them. They are handed from person to person until they are replaced. 

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 ,prior to Covid, I would have had to say "almost always" but sometimes, I'd forget.  But now I order and then go to the ladies room to wash my hands.  Hand sanitizer is for emergency situations.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

I've never even noticed the lack of hand-washing in movies, but I understand how these little things can be bothersome when you're watching something, and it's so unrealistic.

My pet peeve in movies is how people rarely eat anything.  They are constantly shown in restaurants or other eating situations, and they barely take a bite.  Sometimes they eat NOTHING.  Waiters are bringing out plates of food, or they have full plates on the table, and you don't even see a nibble.

That just doesn't happen in MY world.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

My pet peeve isn't just confined to Hallmark movies, but anytime someone is cooking and has long hair hanging down.  Put your hair up!

I guess it bothers me because I have long hair and know how many times I find a loose hair someplace.  

^This.  Food Network is famous for it, along with sticking their hands in food while they are wearing rings and dangly bracelets.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Lol, @Desertdi , thats definitely something I've noticed since thats something I MUST do.

Usually more than once for me!😄

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

^This.  Food Network is famous for it, along with sticking their hands in food while they are wearing rings and dangly bracelets.

Yep, that drives me nuts too!

Honored Contributor

While we're on the subject of irritating things, is it just me, or is there a lot of excessive booze drinking everywhere now?

It seems like every series I watch has most characters with some sort of alcohol in their hand for much of the time.  They drink like fishes, but no one gets drunk--unless it's part of the storyline.  Then it's addressed as bad, but the main characters still keep on drinking while the alcoholic remains chastised.  

I wonder about the message being sent.  We did away with excessive smoking in media due to societal pressure, but it seems to have been replaced with alcohol consumption.