Honored Contributor

Do They Ever Wash Their Hands in Hallmark Movies??

[ Edited ]

I'm escaping from my real problems to gripe:

It's so noticeable in these movies that nobody cares about germs.  Even the ones filmed recently.

The one I'm watching right now is called One Starry Christmas which happens to be an old one.  This couple was on a bus and then a car to get home for Christmas.  As soon as they get to the woman's house and meet her family, they sit down to dinner.  No hand washing.

Sometimes the movie involves a chef...no sanitation.  Oh...and sometimes someone is making cookies and somebody comes in the door and is invited to help....no hand washing.

I know these are movies but it just irks me to see such a disregard for hand washing when we see them in these impeccably clean houses with everything in place with overly done Christmas decorations.

I guess this is right up there with a lot of unrealistic things in these silly movies.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Re: Do They Ever Wash Their Hands in Hallmark Movies??

@Mmsfoxxie,

So funny-and I totally get the escape from the real problems with those so annoying silly things! Mine was the always toothbrushing all the time lol!

Welcome to the annoying club!

I'll have to watch for the no hand washing haha! That is annoying!  

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  isn't it funny the things we notice. That one I attribute to my upbringing. As a child I knew as soon as I came into the house to head to the bathroom to wash my hands.

Coming in and immediately eating or starting food prep without taking that little step is something I have noticed for years and it's not just a Hallmark faux pas.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

No,and on many of the sit coms they do not! 

Valued Contributor

No, Not something I notice or take away from the movie to think about.

Honored Contributor

doesn't bother me at all--   There's not much of anything important that I find realistic on Hallmark.  I watch for total escape from the real world.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  I guess I haven't conscienciously noticed this or if I did, it didn't stick in my memory bank LOL.  I am sure now I will take notice........not sure if I should thank you or not.....LOL.  

The thing that I have noticed is that many of their movies have someone end up in a strange city during the holidays due to car trouble, weather, whatever.  They have a tiny suitcase, but during their stay they have a huge change of clothing including boots and winter coats.  Now how did they get all that stuff in that little roller board?  Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

I hope you don't have too many real problems, @Mmsfoxxie .  I also hope you can still enjoy the escape that Hallmark movies offer. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Sometimes I feel like washing my hands after watching one. 

Honored Contributor

They don't wash hands on PBS murder mysteries either.  Smiley Sad

But there is one series that does of course: Call The Midwife.

Respected Contributor

The one I've noticed is Pioneer Woman. Her family comes in after working on the ranch all day and immediately starts eating whatever she made without washing their hands.

They work with animals and lots of dirt.

At least on Hallmark it's just a movie.