Esteemed Contributor

Dish Network negotiation with Fox

I just called Dish Network's customer service. After waiting on hold for 17 minutes, I got to speak to someone. I asked when the Fox channels will be reinstated. She read a script about how they're "working around the clock" to reach an agreement. Then she said I'd get a $5 credit for the next six months. I asked if this is in addition to the $5 credit that I'm getting for the next six months because of the Turner/CNN blackouts, and at first she said yes, but then she said she didn't know. She put me on hold again for 10 minutes and transferred me to someone else. He read another script about why Fox has been blacked out, and then said I'll be getting another $5 credit for the next six months (total of $10 credit each month).

If you subscribe to Dish Network, you may want to call to inquire about a monthly credit.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dish Network negotiation with Fox

I'm changing over from Comcast cable to Verizon Cable. I already have Verizon everything else.

I just got (son-in-law, in 10 minutes installed Apple TV) so I could watch mainly Netflix.

Respected Contributor

This really frosts my cake...........is this thing going to happen with every station they are in contract negotiations with??? Ridiculous! They don't seem to have much trouble negotiating with the religious channels or all the stupid infomercial channels.....I'd love to see some of those things dropped.

Honored Contributor

I just saw where Fox is asking people to transfer from Dish to another channel because they are dropping them? Is this right?

Good grief! Dish customers have really been put through the wringer this year.

Super Contributor

As a Dish customer, I won't miss Fox. Sorry!!
Respected Contributor

Hi Wildcat fan........thank you for posting this info. As a Dish customer who loves Fox I feel that there should be a monthly refund as you mentioned. We also get Fox News (local) besides Fox Cable News and the first day we did not get either of the channels but today we are getting the local news channel. Have no clue as to why. Thanks again for posting.