Honored Contributor

Re: Dish Network Problem with CBS

Anyone can use an auxiliary antenna. They are for the interior of the house, not outside. I just wrote a description of the one I use over in electronics.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Electronics/Does-Anyone-Have-An-Antena-For-TV/m-p/4225735#M44952.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I also have Dish..and like others we are in the middle of the dispute between ABC and Dish...like hostages...not fair!!

My bill went up the last time when they settled with channel 5 !

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@LogoFan wrote:

Thanks for all of the input here.  I did see a short commercial from Dish that refers me to CBS/all access.  This is not free viewing.  Offers a trial.  I am not a tech person, but some information I see tells me I am not sure if I can even take advantage of this feature.

I am already paying a fortune to Dish.  My Dish commercial did not mention anything about a free antenna.  Again I am not a tech person for inside or out.  I live in a condo complex and definitely could not use an outside antenna if it was offered.

Hopefully, this will be resolved before I miss new episodes of Madama Secretary and Wisdom of the Crowd airing here on Sunday nights.

Just have to wait and see.

@LogoFan  Depending on what the show is, some of them do not require the free trial.  I know I watch Y&R for free on the app all the time.  CBS doesn't even know who I am.  I just click play.  

Honored Contributor

I actually have the main CBS channel with no warnings or anything else yet BUT they did remove the local CW and replaced Pop with Bravo which is a channel I am not supposed to get with my package.  

I'm wondering if they are leaving regular CBS in place to catch the football crowd over the holiday and then we're going to lose it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

I actually have the main CBS channel with no warnings or anything else yet BUT they did remove the local CW and replaced Pop with Bravo which is a channel I am not supposed to get with my package.  

I'm wondering if they are leaving regular CBS in place to catch the football crowd over the holiday and then we're going to lose it.  

Lost CBS and a few others.   Darn!

Does anyone know how / where we can complain to CBS about this? 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  If you go to the dishpromise website, they have all the numbers to complain including CBS corporate. You just enter your zip code and they pop up.  

Honored Contributor

Friday morniing ........  contract renegotiated and CBS is back on the Los Angeles stations.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

CBS and POP channel are back here in Chicago also as of today.  Looks like the only thing I missed were one episode of SWAT which should have aired yesterday (I was kind of surprised that a new episode would air on a holiday - but can tell that the next episode next Thursday shows I have missed 1 episode); also several re-runs of ER on POP channel.  Luckily I have the entire series of ER on DVD which was quite an investment.  I have set my DVR for the re-runs just because it is easier to access through my DVR.  

Thanks to everyone for all of your help.  I really appreciate the advice.

Happy Holidays!!!!

Valued Contributor

It seems dish network has been doing this same thing with the other networks at this time of the year. It lasts for about a month or so then they settle the disbute. I am in process of moving and have my programming on hold but really considering Direct TV again.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Lost CBS and a few others.   Darn!

Does anyone know how / where we can complain to CBS about this? 

@Tinkrbl44. Just wait awhile; they'll resolve the dispute and will be back on the air.  I've seen this happen over and over here.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment