Honored Contributor

Re: Disgusting commercial to me.

@northiie57 wrote:

Oh how I wish they would not run the Always pad ads during the day when little ones can hear and view....Hey Always, you do'nt have to remind woman of "gushers" and period issues!  sheesh! There is NO modesty!

Oh how I wish they would stop running the ads for digestive issues during dinner time!  Last thing I want to hear is "bloody stools" yuk!

@northiie57 @I can just picture the little kid asking mommie what a gusher is. This gusher commercial gets to me too. 

Honored Contributor

@violann ................but has nothing to do with licking someones head.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the pubic hair one just take things too far....I did email the company and got a nice response they said they appreciated my input and were going to forward my comments on....  I also said I noticed the photo they chose for their website main page was just someone shaving their legs around the ankles and not the pubic hair one....interesting choice...shouldnt their latest and greatest be the epitome of what the company respresents to their stockholders? Are they secretly ashamed of the pubic hair one...🤔

There's one about ED where the man presents the woman with the rose, then you see silhouettes of two bodies "wrestling" around under the covers as the announcer talks about the many benefits of the drug......

🙄

And I just saw an ad it was a photo and not a video on Twitter where someone actually cut their finger...and there's blood on the bandage...😮

Where is this realism going to end....there are some things that are just TMI....What's next---instead of a funny jingle will Pepto Bismal actually show someone VOMITING or an actual case of DIARRHEA 

What about Pampers showing the actual cleaning of a dirty diaper.....and shown during meal time--- WHY PRICELESS!!

And lets not stop with red and yellow dye...lets show the "real gusher".........🙄

Let's see the "real secrets" of what's in dirty laundry...

What happened to pure creativity and imagination and humor to get our attention without being bawdy, disgusting, risque, or just too much!!!! The only commercials that are acceptable and actually fun and creative these days are the Barkley Dog Family ones for Subaru and Dr. Rick "Parent Life Coach" both give me a smile and a chuckle....without this disgusting nonsense!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

While it is not technically a commercial, but a printed ad that was in Sunday's newspaper coupon section.....I'm just not sure how I feel about it.  I am not saying it's disgusting by any means, but wonder if it is really necessary.  

It is for Depends.  It shows 5 older women of different heights, skin colors, shapes and sizes.  They are all posed standing only wearing what looks like the same color bra and Depends.  I realize mostly older women would be the ones needing this product, but not sure if we really need to see them modeling it.  I think I would rather see how they fit wearing a nice pair of pants or jeans over them.  

Anyone agree or does it Depend?   😉

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

The MOST DISGUSTING commercial is about the PureWick external catheter for women. The daughter wakes up her mom in the morning and asks her if she slept better, the urine collector is seen on the nightstand.

Valued Contributor

I so agree about that PureWick commercial.  And the way the daughter asks her mom how she slept and the mother answers, "Better, thank you." The formality of it is somehow annoying, too.  

Super Contributor

Remember when having a Playtex bra commerical on TV... Cross-Her Heart.... was over the top and that was with mannequin bust display. Things have ramped up, or should I say, gone downhill since then. 

Honored Contributor

People have become crude in their language and behavior. Manners are out of fashion. The tasteless commercials are created by people who see nothing wrong with displaying what should be personal and private.

Super Contributor

I haven't seen this one, I have to look up the show now! 

I only saw it one time and my boyfriend and I were both thinking we were seeing/hearing things but the worst commercial I've seen is the one for menstrual underwear. I won't even go into details but it's about saving your furniture from accidents. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D at what age do you think it is appropriate to teach a child about a woman's menstrual cycle?  Both male and females should be taught this.  Just wondering....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life