Honored Contributor

Re: Disgusting commercial to me.

@Imaoldhippie 

I am always surprised that people still watch things in real time and have to sit through all those endless commercials. 

That's one of the benefits of DVR-ing shows.  You can Fast Forward through the nonsense and watch a one hour show in 44 minutes. 

That's what works for me, anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Imaoldhippie 

I am always surprised that people still watch things in real time and have to sit through all those endless commercials. 

That's one of the benefits of DVR-ing shows.  You can Fast Forward through the nonsense and watch a one hour show in 44 minutes. 

That's what works for me, anyway.

@Tinkrbl44  Not everyone has a device with the ability to dvd something. It's just not that important to us.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 ........We do record our favorite shows and movies.  We watch them in the evenings.   Usually during the day time we watch real time shows.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I dvr many shows just to avoid the commercials. However, once in a while as I'm ff through those commercials something will catch my eye. That was the case with that guy licking that woman's head...it made me look so I guess it worked as far as getting my attention for Discovery+.

Respected Contributor

I often see a commercial about Lumi deodorant when I'm watching YouTube videos and they're pretty repulsive. One has a woman in a squatting position during a yoga class, saying that she applied the deodorant to her crotch  the day before and it still doesn't smell now. Yuck.

Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I often see a commercial about Lumi deodorant when I'm watching YouTube videos and they're pretty repulsive. One has a woman in a squatting position during a yoga class, saying that she applied the deodorant to her crotch  the day before and it still doesn't smell now. Yuck.

@Texasmouse 

Oh dear God, that's even worse than the pubic hair shaver ad! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse 

I saw that Lume ad for the first time a few days ago. It's pretty bad. They could have just mentioned that it was for 'private parts' and left it there...but NO, they had to get into all the details.

Trusted Contributor

That sounds pretty horrific. But as far as I'm concerned, all the commercials are at least annoying. The mind-numbing repetitions! The endless promotions of products I will never buy! Aaauuuuuugh!

Now I've found the perfect solution! I cut the cable and never watch anything that has commercials in it! Ahhh, the relief! For news, I listen to podcasts, which mostly don't have ads, or if they do, they are just a minute or so of talk, and nothing in my face.As a bonus I am saved the trauma of seeing things I'd rather not see.

Honored Contributor

I really dislike the ones for Poise pads, where they say the women have Poise in their pants, sounds so crude to me. 

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

If you think that's disgusting I saw one a couple of days ago for a shaver that says in print that it's for the underarm as well as pubic area while showing an underarm and very VERY high leg area being shaved. The camera focused on both areas. Thank heavens the high high thigh area person had undies on, small undies but at least it was something. I could not believe my eyes. 

I was sitting in front of the tv but on the phone so  had it on mute thus don't know if the pubic word was also spoken or just in the printed words part of the screen. I interruped my friend as she was blabbing to say "holy c**p I don't believe what I just saw on my tv screen". I probably screeched it out.

I get what you are saying, but I will take that commercial any day over the mini-pad commercials where they pour yellow water on the pad as an example of absorbancy. In the old days they used turquoise blue water, but now they are going for realism. Even worse is the maxi-pad commercial wear they use red liquid. These are just too gross. As a woman, I am embarrassed that they are drawing such a realistic picture. Those of us that use these products understand what they are for. I don't believe it is necessary for non-users to have such a realistic picture.