Honored Contributor

I think the current crop of shoes and boots is the ugliest in my memory.  I hate this trend of ruining a sleek pretty ensemble with a pair of combat-type boots.  Who finds that attractive?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Well, I guess every generation has to put their (I'm try to think of an appropriate word)...slant maybe (?) on their designs.

Back in the mid 60's to early 70's I used to make my own clothes.  I worked for the government.  Back then people still 'dressed' for work.  By the time I quit (mid 70's) young people were beginning to look like they'd just climbed out of bed ...walking the halls at the Pentagon.

It was a wonderful time (as I've repeated) 

Honored Contributor

Nope.

She was in Milan to walk in a Versace show.

Big shoes & sneakers are popular with the 20-somethings.

Kardahsian/Jenner/Hadid girls all wear the chunky shoe

from time to time. 

Bella the same pair of shoes in Feb 2018.

9D5C306E-6046-4DE8-AB6A-0EBF566F3AA5.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Disappointing!

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Would this be thought of as 'indecent exposure' back in the 40's or 50's?

Probably. Yeah I wouldn't do the boobage, for sure.

Just because something is popular with the younger crowd doesn't mean I have to like it.

Maybe if her feet weren't so huge, it might have been a cute look.

@Pearlee  I didn't mean literally.

I got "all shook up" because I thought I was seeing a *glamour girl!*

Honored Contributor

She looks as though she's wearing her dad's suit.  Awful outfit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

All I see are boobs on display and big floppy clown shoes that don't go with the outfit.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Well, I guess every generation has to put their (I'm try to think of an appropriate word)...slant maybe (?) on their designs.

Back in the mid 60's to early 70's I used to make my own clothes.  I worked for the government.  Back then people still 'dressed' for work.  By the time I quit (mid 70's) young people were beginning to look like they'd just climbed out of bed ...walking the halls at the Pentagon.

It was a wonderful time (as I've repeated) 

@Annabellethecat66  I too worked at the Pentagon for a couple of years, early 60's for the Dept of the Air Force. Right out of high school in a small Pa. town. Actually first at the Immigration & Naturalization Service. Hated my job there but enjoyed my couple of years at the Pentagon. Was working there when JFK was shot, will never forget that day.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl Do you remember walking down to the concourse at lunch and shopping at Woodys and the various stores?

That was when anyone could get into the Pentagon.  I would meet one of my boyfriends in the middle for lunch.  Remember, we could go to the middle (outdoors) and have lunch?

When I first got out of high school I worked in the basement for the Army.  Then I worked in JAG.  Then the Air Force for the Air Force's Manned Space Program.  A lot of people never knew the Air Force had their own space program.  It was a secure area.

I met several famous people while working there.  It was a good place to work back then.  Maybe like you, most of my friends worked for the government (many at the Pentagon).  They are now all retired.  I quit when my first daughter was born.  Then my boss bugged me so I went back for a few months but my husband wanted me to quit for good so I came home one day and said, "I quit".  He was so happy.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Disappointing!

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  I can't say I recollect meeting anyone famous but I do remember that when I was still working at the Immigration & Naturalization Service a couple of us would walk over to......hmmm if memory serves it was either the capital building or some Congressional building for lunch in the cafeteria there quite often. For a few days a film was being made with Cliff Robertson and I think it was Walter Pidgeon and I got a chance to see a scene being filmed. Other than that, the general who headed the office I worked in was the first black General in the Air Force but I guess you wouldn't call that "celebrity". His name was Benjamin O. Davis. I remember my office was on the 5th floor.

I can't recall Woody's being in the building but I think there was one in the downtown area that I shopped in a few times. I do remember a bank though where I deposited $10 every payday. Ten bucks was a lot to me back then!

I met my first husband (we divorced, I remarried) at a dance at a Marine base in DC. Think it was at 8th & I streets. We (girlfriends and I) used to go to dances at the various bases in the area, including Quantico. Some organization or other provided the buses to haul girls to the bases.

First place I lived was a rooming house on the corner of S & Connecticut Avenue then over a couple of years to various apartments. 14th Street, Lamont Street, even Arlington and Alexandria.

Somewhere up in my attic I still have a folder of job related stuff from way back then. Pay stuff, security clearance stuff,job description and for some reason photos of the Johnson Family. I recall Luci changed her name from Lucy to Luci.....and so now many girls my daughters age have an i on the end of their name as it became a fad. Like Sheri, or Nanci or Brandi.

It was one of the best times of my life but I didn't realize it then.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

She looks as though she's wearing her dad's suit.  Awful outfit.

@Kachina624   I just crossed Jason Wu off my "list" (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥