Esteemed Contributor

Re: Disappointed in the ID Network Re Dr. Jeff MacDonald Upcoming Show

@Pearlee wrote:

I like the Investigation Discovery (ID) Network and watch it often.   But now it is promoting an upcoming show about the Jeffrey MacDonald case (yet another show about it?  Nobody will portray MacDonald better than Gary Cole did!) and its title is Final Vision.  Really ID Network?  You had to  "steal"  the name of  Joe McGinnis'  book and subsequent TV miniseries starring Cole and the late Karl Malden about it, based on the book, entitled Fatal Vision?   You mean you couldn't even come up with an original title, but have to mislead viewers into thinking it is Fatal Vision?   That's awful!  I'm ashamed of the network for doing that - I would have given it more credit.  

And what's with rehashing all these well publicized crimes that have all been done before?  This one, the Menendez Brothers, etc. There are a spate of them lately.   I did make an argument here once defending them because not everyone is my age and remembers these (I remember the Manson murders that far back!) so they can be educational in teaching of a famous crime.  But really, I can't imagine the ID version of this is going to be better than the Fatal Vision miniseries.  Good grief, there are enough crimes in this country to reenact other ones.  Many are fascinating - why rehash these?  They are getting to be like movie remakes!

Did you know that charles manson is in hospital and very ill?  I just read that on aol.   They don't say what it is. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@PearleeDoes MacDonald have another appeal coming up?  Is that why the new show?

His appeal was in January of this year. There hasn’t been a ruling yet; it could take a year, news media said. This new show was known, named and talked about at the same time (by dates) that his appeal started, so it would seem to have been in the works and in production dating from before the start of the appeal.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I'd watch a rehash of this case. The woman in the floppy hat seemed to know a lot about the crime, which bothers me because she is dead now.

Honored Contributor

When McGuiness came out at the end believing Mac Donald was guilty put the final nail in the coffin for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

I like the Investigation Discovery (ID) Network and watch it often.   But now it is promoting an upcoming show about the Jeffrey MacDonald case (yet another show about it?  Nobody will portray MacDonald better than Gary Cole did!) and its title is Final Vision.  Really ID Network?  You had to  "steal"  the name of  Joe McGinnis'  book and subsequent TV miniseries starring Cole and the late Karl Malden about it, based on the book, entitled Fatal Vision?   You mean you couldn't even come up with an original title, but have to mislead viewers into thinking it is Fatal Vision?   That's awful!  I'm ashamed of the network for doing that - I would have given it more credit.  

And what's with rehashing all these well publicized crimes that have all been done before?  This one, the Menendez Brothers, etc. There are a spate of them lately.   I did make an argument here once defending them because not everyone is my age and remembers these (I remember the Manson murders that far back!) so they can be educational in teaching of a famous crime.  But really, I can't imagine the ID version of this is going to be better than the Fatal Vision miniseries.  Good grief, there are enough crimes in this country to reenact other ones.  Many are fascinating - why rehash these?  They are getting to be like movie remakes!

@Pearlee  I so agree. I don't understand the constant rehashing of the same cases, and wish they would all just be left in prison to rot without the public ever having to hear their names again.

Fatal Vision was a superb movie.  I don't know why Jeffrey MacDonald is still allowed air time in some form or other.continuously, he is despicable! There was another tv show this year stating his side.

If he hadn't been in the service, he would not be in federal prison and would most likely be dead by lethal injection or whatever form was in state at the time of his trial.  I hope the new movie will not be to state his side.  He is guilty of murdering his wife, two small daughters, and his unborn son, just like Scott Peterson and others like them, cookie cutter species these evil beings.

Esteemed Contributor

Some people simply refuse to believe that there are some truly sick and twisted people in this world especially if they appear normal.  The Menendez Brothers, Scott Petersen, Jeffrey McDonald, Ted Bundy are among them.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Some people simply refuse to believe that there are some truly sick and twisted people in this world especially if they appear normal.  The Menendez Brothers, Scott Petersen, Jeffrey McDonald, Ted Bundy are among them.

Not in my case, I know they exist.....however, there are some troubling inconsistencies in the Petersen and McDonald cases, ones that the prosecution went through great lengths to ignore.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I'd watch a rehash of this case. The woman in the floppy hat seemed to know a lot about the crime, which bothers me because she is dead now.

@SydneyH, Helena Stoeckley was totally drug-addled, a heavy user of every recreational drug known to man. Multiple times over the years through various appeals she was judged utterly non-credible. She had no actual memory of that night as she was too high/out of it to remember where she’d been or what she’d done. She told LE whatever she thought they wanted to hear at any given moment over the years and then recant it - over and over again. There has never been a shred of physical evidence to show she was ever in the MacDonald house, and a lot of physical evidence showing MacDonald was guilty.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I read Fatal Vision and saw the original mini series. This case really bothered me because one of his children that he killed had the same name as my daughter.......they were the same age at the time.

Respected Contributor

Jeff MacDonald. Psychopath and/or Sociopath.  Guily, Guilty, Guilty.