Honored Contributor

Sooner

Old Yeller scarred me for life, I haven't seen it since I was a young girl and traumatized.  I saw Dumbo, Bambi, all the horse moves once and that was it for me.  Being an animal advocate I do not see any animal movies or documentaries because they are upsetting.

As other posters have said Disney movies always had a dark side.  My favorite Snow White had me in tears also.  

When I heard Dumbo was returning , even if Burton was involved, I knew I wouldn't see it and from what has been said, I made the right decision.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the warning!  It certainly does not sound like a good movie for children - or for adults, too, for that matter.

Frequent Contributor

I just saw Dumbo today with my four grandsons ages 12-6 and I loved it. The grandsons really loved it too. We are all Tim Burton fans. Also loved Nightmare before Christmas. Dumbo did have a happy ending. Did you stay for the whole movie? Spoiler alert: He is reunited with his mom, Jumbo, and goes back to India to live free in the jungle with her and a herd of elephants. The human circus family lives happily ever after too. I loved the message of the movie......Jumbo did not want her son to be kept in captivity..so she sees a white bird flying free and dreams that for her elephant son. Somehow he is born knowing how to fly. I just loved the movie. 

Honored Contributor

I don't care what movie critics say, esteemed or not.

Generally if the critics don't like a movie, I do like it.

For those saying the original is better, oh heck no.

Dumbo was separated from his mother and exploited.

Never cared for that story, even as a child and I love the circus otherwise.

There is no way I would go see this newest re-telling.

With all the anti-circus rhetoric in the public domain, I'm surprised this movie was even made.    I was traumatized enough by the original, not going to see this version.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner   Old Yeller and Bambi scarred me for life !!!!