Esteemed Contributor

It wasn't anything like the original...not even a little light hearted.....very sad.

Somene gets crushed in the beginning of the movie ..they didn't show any gore though.

Had a 7 yr old that cried through about 70% of it....

VERY DISAPPOINTED in Disney..

Honored Contributor

Our newspaper review said it wasn't anything like the original also.

It also said that Dumbo looked very real.

Sorry it was so sad for the kids and such a disappointment.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the review. 

I'll order the orginal for my Grandsons

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma -

That really is a shame. I thought the trailers looked sad. I'm sorry your grandson had to see it.

As much as I have loved many of the Disney movies, I often find myself saying to my daughter that every Disney movie seems to have someone die or there is a lot of violence." I fast forward thru a lot of parts when my grandson is watching.

It is a shame.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I grew up on Disney movies and they were all a little sad.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I’m glad to know this because I loved the original movie. We take our 4-year-old great nephew to see movies so this one will be a pass.

Respected Contributor

The previews looked like this might be good but the reviews were not so will pass on this one also.

Esteemed Contributor
Thanks for corroborating what my local reviewer said. Almost went on Thursday night but cancelled to work late. Not sorry I missed it.
Honored Contributor

disclaimer that I never saw the original and the previews look really not nice at all

is there an  agenda to the movie. 

Honored Contributor

Our highly esteemed local movie critic (Washington Post) was left unmoved, too.  You are not alone.