Honored Contributor

Without mentioning the name of the show, we watched a three night series this week with historical interest.  Last night most of the commercial breaks had 15 ads.  15 !  It seems they chose to inflict more commercials as the series wrapped up as most people stuck around for the ending.  Totally disgusted. 

Respected Contributor

I've noticed that with almost all TV programs anymore--more and more commercials! Which is why I DVR nearly everything I watch, but I realize not everyone can do that. I love the feature for some shows that lets me skip commercials entirely!

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of channels are guilty of this.  I would suggest recording the program and skipping the ads.  One of the many reasons I love TCM.

Honored Contributor

Yes. It's very common. I mute them. It's still frustrating.

Honored Contributor

I quit watching A&E when they dumped Longmire.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@depglass: I know you didn’t want to mention the name but thinking it was Little Drummer Girl. I'm going to watch it on my iPad in the app so I’ll be prepared 

Honored Contributor

GMA (Good Morning America) is awful about that too. I lose interest after the 7th straight commercial and usually go ahead and start my day. Like to wake up to the latest news then if they do a story on the Royals I'll note the

time they're going to show that . rest of it don't care about.

Honored Contributor

One series I watched on A&E pointed up to me how much personality factors into whether we are willing to forgive criminals or not.  If you are powerful, charming, and people like you you can do anything.  Take OJ for example and other powerful men who pretty much can do what they want and skate.  

Sped through the commercials, so didn't think much about that.  I just ignore them.  People ae always talking about some commercial and I say I never saw that.  I've trained my razor sharp mind to tune them out!  Woman Very Happy  Woman Wink  LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed in A&E

[ Edited ]

That's a lot of commercials. Is it done in order to allow thirty minutes of uninterrupted viewing at a time? If so, I could go along with that.

Respected Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@depglass: I know you didn’t want to mention the name but thinking it was Little Drummer Girl. I'm going to watch it on my iPad in the app so I’ll be prepared 

More likely it was the Clinton/Lewinsky affair.