Honored Contributor

@I like celery

I already watched the 1st episode on On Demand.  I will watch the other 2 because like episode 1, the woman is just as much a dumb bunny as the real airhead that appeared on Dateline.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

watched it tonight and found it VERY interesting.

i have really not heard anything about this true life story and have not heard the podcast.

looking forward to episode two.

i do have a question though......

i was a bit distracted towards the end of the first episode and missed why  johns "patient" was crying hysterically? can anyone tell me why?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I'm not familiar with the true story this is based on however I think the patient is in such horrific pain due to receiving a placebo injection. I get the feeling this guy is diverting the pain meds for his own use or to sell. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LUVNLIFE, thanks, I watched the first episode last night.  LM

Honored Contributor

I watched the 1st episode on Demand as well, I also do not know the back story, so everything is a surprise for me as well....It is very interesting though, and I really want to keep watching, so that is good.... 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

watched it tonight and found it VERY interesting.

i have really not heard anything about this true life story and have not heard the podcast.

looking forward to episode two.

i do have a question though......

i was a bit distracted towards the end of the first episode and missed why  johns "patient" was crying hysterically? can anyone tell me why?

@sunshine45, they never really explained that but here is my take FWIW.

She was crying in pain and asking the nurse for more meds.  She said she could still feel everything (or something along those lines).  The nurse said according to the anesthesiologist (John) she had been given the max she could be given so they couldn't give her anything else.

I suspect that John put in her chart that he gave her all the meds, etc. but in reality didn't because he's sick and twisted.    

Honored Contributor

I watched last night and I have to admit, I found it boring, really disappointed in it, don't know if I will continue to watch!  "John" is a real con man, and for a woman to have been married 4 times, should have been able to seen through him, her girls are smarter than she is!  

Honored Contributor

I watched last night for the first time and I know nothing of the back story either.  Wow is Debra stupid.  And her one daughter is a real piece of work too.  Major attitude right out of the gate.

First off, who has a guy over to her house for a first date?  Second of all, when he walked out mad when things didn't progress like he wanted them too, that should have been the end of it.  Debra never should have taken his call. 

Then she knew he lied about his job.  While an anesthesiologist and a nurse anesthetist basically do the same job, one is a doctor and one isn't.  He said he was a doctor when in fact he's a CRNA.  Big difference.  That also should have been a huge red flag to her. 

And why did she think he would he show up at that ball/fundraiser in scrubs?  Even if he did get hung up like he claimed, how long does it take a guy to put on a tux? 

Interesting seeing Jean Smart as Debra's mother.        

Honored Contributor

my guess was was that he did not own a tux......which is why he showed up in scrubs. maybe he thought it would "look better" if he claimed he was in an emergency operation and had to come directly there?

someone else has said to me that maybe john is noting patients charts with pain medication and then stealing it?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

i also wonder why they changed one of the daughters names?