Honored Contributor

Re: Dirty John Season 2....Betty Broderick Story

@mousiegirl   Thanks for clearing that up.

I thought she was a news reporter who wanted to write her story in the finale movie (Her Final Fury).  Going to watch the DVD again.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I am enjoying the series although it did start slow. FYI, the first version of a movie,song or stage play that you see/ hear is usually the version you prefer. I am sure I watched the Broderick series but it was so long ago,I have forgotten it. These types of series are what I call mind candy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@mousiegirl   Thanks for clearing that up.

I thought she was a news reporter who wanted to write her story in the finale movie (Her Final Fury).  Going to watch the DVD again.

@Mz iMac   There was a news reporter or author interviewing her in prison in Her Final Fury, but the attorney was in the first movie.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I am enjoying the series although it did start slow. FYI, the first version of a movie,song or stage play that you see/ hear is usually the version you prefer. I am sure I watched the Broderick series but it was so long ago,I have forgotten it. These types of series are what I call mind candy.

@chessylady   For me, that is because the first was better.

Honored Contributor

I noticed last night that the songs that were playing were not any that I recall of that period or any period, so maybe they were created just for this series.

Also, the cake that Betty smeared on Dan's bed was chocolate in the first movie, last night not.  Seems things are being deliberately changed so that the viewers will not be seeing exactly what they saw in the first movies, but I say why change the facts, which is being done in this series.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac  Do you remember in the first move when Betty was talking to the female attorney, saying to her "you don't seem excited, and if you're not excited, we are blankey blank."  Then, the attorney saying to her, "I have a feeling I am not the attorney for you," and Betty saying, I think you're right.  The attorney kept calling her Mrs. Broderick, and Betty insisted she call her Betty, calling the attorney "not very bright."

Honored Contributor

The original movie was based on the LA Times Magazine article written by the journalist who visited Betty in prison.

I didn't know that until now and just read the original article.  It was interesting to read her relationship with the journalist and the journalist made a ton of money from it all.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   Now I remember!!!   Had a brain fart.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I seem to recall that there were 2 prior movies about this.  One painted Betty in a much better light and one made Betty out to be more of a witch.

Personally, I don't care for either of them.  I'm not a fan of Dan's AT ALL.  What a real tool he is.  But I also am not a fan of Betty's either.  And Linda is another real piece of work.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I seem to recall that there were 2 prior movies about this.  One painted Betty in a much better light and one made Betty out to be more of a witch.

Personally, I don't care for either of them.  I'm not a fan of Dan's AT ALL.  What a real tool he is.  But I also am not a fan of Betty's either.  And Linda is another real piece of work.   

@Lipstickdiva Linda knew Dan was married, if you pursue a relationship with a married man, you get what you get, the man often doesn't leave his wife and kids. I could never go after a married man, I would feel terrible guilt over the relationship, I'm not the homewrecker type.