Honored Contributor

Re: Dirty John Season 2....Betty Broderick Story

@sunshine45 wrote:

thanks @mousiegirl ......it probably is linda, although i cannot find any photos of her with curly hair. lol

i believe though that the two on the left are supposed to be the actor and actress that portray dan and betty when they were young.

thank you for the book recommendations.

@sunshine45   I just googled for pictures of Linda, and this picture with curly hair is she.

Honored Contributor

I finally watched the first two episodes yesterday.  At first I was getting bored a bit but then it seemed to catch on.  The flow, back and forth in the different time periods, was done really well.    I'm still in.

Honored Contributor

interesting blog post and comments regarding dan broderick and his disinherited daughter.

https://www.retrokimmer.com/2014/03/dan-broderick-disinherited-youngest.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

today i played catch up with some tv shows i was behind on......and i just watched the second episode. WOW, they really portrayed BB early on as such a huge supporter of her husband, no matter what he wanted to do. she really was the "woman behind the man."  it seemed like she supported him throughout it all and from the very beginning.

i enjoyed the second episode even more than the first.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

the bloom was off the rose for Betty it seemed until she got pregnant with her first, she had threatened to leave Dan.  She had second thoughts again when he was in law school

Betty's mother refused to  store her belongings after they married so they were forced to  keep her things in Dan's dorm room at Cornell...their firstborn slept in a dresser drawer!

this is very detailed 1990 article from LA Times (no sidebars)

Till Murder Do Us Part: Dan and Betty Broderick’s divorce played out over five vicious years

https://www.latimes.com/la-me-broderick3jun0390-story.html

ok title is hyperlinked  ed to fix link

Honored Contributor

Is anybody still watching?  I am, but do not like Amanda Peet's look, old and not pretty, when Betty was pretty and didn't look her age..  Very strange that they made Linda's hair blond, she wasn't, and Betty's hair brunette, or with light blond highlights, when she had very blond hair.

I havn't seen anything new yet, but it is being shown how compliant and supportive Betty was which I didn't see in the tv movies.

Also, last night Dan apologized to Betty, which I hadn't known before, but is still showing what an AH is was.

It is being rerun on USA and Bravo, at times.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, still watching, but it is kind of slow. And I don't care for either of the leads, so it's just OK for me. I shouldn't, but I still keep comparing it to the old Lifetime movies. This one does seem a little more balanced and is showing Dan and Linda in a less positive light than Lifetime. I just feel sorry for the kids.

Honored Contributor

I'm not saying Dan deserved what he got, but he was an SOB, Betty wasn't treated well by him.

Honored Contributor

After watching last night, Betty's problem was that she could not find an attorney who could beat Dan at his own game! 

For one thing she was an airhead for believing Dan was "coming back home" therefore, delaying finding an attorney.  She did not have the sense to look "outside" of Dan's circle nor the sense to look for a "female" attorny.

And the scene where Dan told Betty on the front steps that he was lying the whole time, I again reiterate.........

Not saying I agree w/Betty but, I understand.......

Chillin.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   In the Lifetime movie, Betty did have a female attorney, but wasn't thrilled with her, so the attorney backed out.  Betty thought she wasn't enthusiatic enough to go against Dan Broderick.