Honored Contributor

Re: Dirty John Season 2....Betty Broderick Story

So, the two-parter that aired last night is not the entirety of it?  

I haven't watched yet but if it's drawn out to numerous episodes I don't think I'll watch.   

Like most here, I watched the MBB two-part movie years ago - probably a couple of times over the years.  ITA that she really, um, killed it.  Smiley Very Happy   

While I'm at it - I also don't get the 'Dirty John' title for this one which, clearly, has nothing to do with that story.  I wonder why they did that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I am not watching, I feel I know all I need or want to know about Dan, Betty and Linda from the older movies, I think Meredith Baxter was perfect fpr this role, and Stephen Collins as Dan. 

-----------------

Totally agree!  Did not like this new version.  Will probably not watch....

Valued Contributor

As @Lipstick Diva said, I, too, was confused and thought I had missed an episode when this started. Would have been difficult to follow if I didn't already know the story.

Connie Britton, who starred in "Dear John" and was excellent, is the executive producer on this show. She may have been the ex.producer on Dear John also. Maybe, the title combines both stories with similar themes.

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I would like to watch it eventually but there's too much competition right now at the same timeslot.

@shoptilyadropagain  You can catch up on On Demand and/or the USA website.

@chickenbutt"So, the two-parter that aired last night is not the entirety of it?"

NOPE!  It's a "series" like the Dirty John story.  New episodes will be shown every Tuesday.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I would like to watch it eventually but there's too much competition right now at the same timeslot.

@shoptilyadropagain  You can catch up on On Demand and/or the USA website.

@chickenbutt"So, the two-parter that aired last night is not the entirety of it?"

NOPE!  It's a "series" like the Dirty John story.  New episodes will be shown every Tuesday.

Thank You!  Smiley Happy   Well, maybe that's why the first two episodes seemed to most to be rather scattered.  I guess I'll watch what I have and decide if I want to watch the whole thing.

Esteemed Contributor

The acting was good.  The editing was very choppy.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  Since I already seen episode 1, I only watched episode 2 last night.  All I got to say is episode 2 went downhill the "morning after the wedding" when Dan told Betty she could make up the bed instead of housekeeping. Smiley LOL

I'll stick w/it since I've seen the 2 parter original mini-series.  At least I know what's going on when they jump back & forth.

I noticed this Dear John version Dan is very devious & sneaky.

@Mz iMac   Yes, which is how I believe he really was.  The actor who played him in the original movie was too good looking and nicer, as opposed to everything I have read about him.  I must have been sleeping when that line you mentioned was spoken, or I would have yelped at the tv, lol.  If Betty didn't tell him where to go right there and then, BIG mistake.

Honored Contributor

I happened upon it (lol) last night channel surfing which is something I rarely do.

I've seen the MBB version, too.

Don't even know who was playing Betty (Amanda Peet?--don't know her from anything).  She reminded me so much of Maria Shriver or any Kennedy woman, that I kept forgetting it was about Betty Broderick.

I guess because MBB looked so much more like Betty--for the part.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I happened upon it (lol) last night channel surfing which is something I rarely do.

I've seen the MBB version, too.

Don't even know who was playing Betty (Amanda Peet?--don't know her from anything).  She reminded me so much of Maria Shriver or any Kennedy woman, that I kept forgetting it was about Betty Broderick.

I guess because MBB looked so much more like Betty--for the part.

Amanda Peet played Diane Keaton's daughter in the movie, Somethings Gotta Give. 

Honored Contributor

I fell asleep halfway through the second episode so I will finish it tonight.

Betty did not come across as likeable to me at all.  And she seemed extremely unstable.  Dan was extremely sneaky and manipulative.