Honored Contributor

Re: Dirty John Season 2....Betty Broderick Story

Broderick is serving her sentence at the California Institution for Women[16] (CIW), in Chino, California. In January 2010, her first request for parole was denied by the Board of Parole Hearings because she did not show remorse and did not acknowledge wrongdoing.[17] She was denied parole in November 2011[18] and again in January 2017. She will not be eligible again until January 2032.[19]
===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac I would miss you so much if you weren't on the boards. Your replies crack me up, always bring a smile to my face. Great video of the gal from Empire (I think that is her.....Cookie).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night (Monday) USA at 11:00pm showed a sneak peak of episode 1.  It was a lot different than the Meredith Baxter original version.  If you didn't see that version, you would have been a tad confused. 

Overall, it was good.  Christian Slater does a good job playing Dan.

@World Traveler   YUP!  That's Cookie. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

What did everyone think?  

I am disappointed in this.  I don't think this is very well done at all.  I have seen other movies about the Brodericks before so I was aware of the back story.  But if you were coming into this knowing nothing about Dan and Betty Broderick, like my husband, I think this would be really confusing.  He couldn't get into this at all because he didn't really know what was going on.

I thought they skipped around too much and why did they start where they did without showing any of the backstory to this?  At one point I thought I had missed the first couple of episodes.  I set my DVR to record the series but I was looking forward to something DH and I could watch and this isn't going to be it.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva ,

We watched the first episode and thought it was just OK.

The second episode didn't hold our interest at all. My husband asked me if I didn't like it as much as he didn't like it....then he fell asleep.

I turned it off about half way through. We're out...not well done and agree about the confusion and jumping around.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like flashback movies, and did not like the way it began, very disjointed, so fell asleep after the first fifteen minutes, that says somethig, woke up ten minutes into epi 2, and watched that.  The girl who played a young Betty sounded so much like Meredith Baxter, thought maybe it was her daughter.

I wonder why "Betty" had brown hair at the ball, when she was always a blond, and thought it very strange that she spotted a blond woman there and kept staring at her with a perplexed expression on her face, this was not in either of the tv movies.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

What did everyone think?  

I am disappointed in this.  I don't think this is very well done at all.  I have seen other movies about the Brodericks before so I was aware of the back story.  But if you were coming into this knowing nothing about Dan and Betty Broderick, like my husband, I think this would be really confusing.  He couldn't get into this at all because he didn't really know what was going on.

I thought they skipped around too much and why did they start where they did without showing any of the backstory to this?  At one point I thought I had missed the first couple of episodes.  I set my DVR to record the series but I was looking forward to something DH and I could watch and this isn't going to be it.  

I agree.  I thought the one starring Meredith Baxter was sooo much better.  I'll continue watching, hoping it improves.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not watching, I feel I know all I need or want to know about Dan, Betty and Linda from the older movies, I think Meredith Baxter was perfect for this role, and Stephen Collins as Dan. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  Since I already seen episode 1, I only watched episode 2 last night.  All I got to say is episode 2 went downhill the "morning after the wedding" when Dan told Betty she could make up the bed instead of housekeeping. Smiley LOL

I'll stick w/it since I've seen the 2 parter original mini-series.  At least I know what's going on when they jump back & forth.

I noticed this Dear John version Dan is very devious & sneaky.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to watch it eventually but there's too much competition right now at the same timeslot.  I'm sure it will get repeated several times as did the original Dear John. I thought MBB was far superior in the role of Betty Broderick....and I come to this conclusion by only watching the previews with Amanda Peet (or whatever her name is).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown