Regular Contributor

Nooooo say is not so why does Hollywood insist on messing with perfection or near perfection they can't remake Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey I just watched Dirty dancing yesterday.  For the most part Hollywood has seemed to have lost all originality. 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Honored Contributor

It's a made-for-TV movie, no less.rolling eyes.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I often wonder "why" there is such an effort to remake  great movies!!  I would think there are more than enough creative minds who can come up with original plots for new movies!!

I do not think that many remakes really do as well as the originals, but there are some....  I rarely watch a remake of a movie I really liked/enjoyed.  Prefer to watch the first one over again.

Respected Contributor

I will be watching.  Definitely in the mood for light entertainment.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dirty Dancing remake

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I hate the idea of remakes.Hollywood used to be creative.Now all they do is recycle almost everything!! 

For heavens sake why can't they put their multimillion dollar heads together & come up with something new & creative.

Leave the classics alone. 

@NicksmomESQ

I agree with you about Gollywood.....no creativity, just copycats whether it be on the big Movie screen with Preacher's Wife (remake of The Bishop's Wife), The 10 Commndments, Ben Hur and others..(and more in the works).........and on TV---The Sound Of Music, Peter Pan, and now Dirty Dancing.........I will not be watching I prefer the originals.....

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/reboots/248590/123-movie-remakes-and-reboots-currently-in-the-wor...

cat-nap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I am watching.  I am sucked in after 15 minutes.  Dont wanna be, but i am sucked in....,,,

Respected Contributor

I'm not sucked in @Shawnie.... but I do think it sucks, lol.

It is really, really bad.

I thought this might have worked well as one of those live productions like they did the Sound of Music and Peter Pan these past couple of years, especially for the dancing. Oh well...

Esteemed Contributor

HOrrid acting and neither major character comes close to the originals in magnetism.  I give it 1 star.

Esteemed Contributor

He could not dance.   She could not dance. The acting terrible.  Debra Messiger was even terrible and I have always liked her.  Of course they had to throw racism in there to help today,s causes.  The Latino girl COULDN,t dance either, just moved her hips.  They were at the end of DWTS showing their moves, not impressed.  Terrible remake.

Valued Contributor

Enjoyed some of the music..the acting, not so much..no comparison with the original!