Respected Contributor

No one can touch the original. Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see how this remake compares.

Honored Contributor

Nothing can beat the original movie- nothing!!

My oh My!!

• Image result for patrick swayze dirty dancing gif
Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Re: Dirty Dancing remake

[ Edited ]

"Nobody puts [the original] baby in a corner."

Honored Contributor

I keep seeing the promo and hear the guy's voice saying Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner, and it just does oit sound the same, no way, no how!!

Respected Contributor

I don't think it takes anything from the original to do a remake. The original is always available to watch on TV or DVD. 

I think it will be interesting to see this remake, but I can't think of a remake that was very good.

I do enjoy the live versions of movies or plays that they have done, but to me, that is a different thing than remaking a movie.

Esteemed Contributor

Dirty dancing would be fun to remake as a live television broadcast. Like they did with grease and others. But should not be remade as a film.

Esteemed Contributor

First Beaches now this.  I didn't watch the new Beaches and I'll stick to the original Dirty Dancing - I loved Patrick Swayze RIP.

Honored Contributor

@RINGER wrote:

REMAKE!

On one of the talks shows, the cast said we will find out what happened to Johnny and Baby after that summer.

Honored Contributor

I won't be watching.

The original is my favorite movie.  When I hear one of the songs, I can tell you what scene it's from.

Honored Contributor