Honored Contributor

Dirty Dancing Four Week Event

[ Edited ]

I'm watching 9-1-1:Lone Star on FOX, a promo for this show came on. It looks to be "celebrities" competing to be the winners of Dirty Dancing. I'm all in as Dirty Dancing is one of my all time favorite movies. "No one puts Baby in a corner"! Forgot to add this premieres on February 1. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dirty Dancing Four Week Event

Did you watch that dancing/no talking show with Jenna DeWan where they have people learn a dane and then meet their fix-up and they can't talk - they just have to do their dance and then whoever was the date has to pick one just based on the silent dance? I think I may have been the only one, but I kind of enjoyed it! I think it lasted 3 weeks!

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ I think I watched only one episode. 

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ I've seen that a couple of times - just happen to see it on randomly.  I liked it.  Thought it was sweet and clever.  I can see that would be a fun way to meet someone! 

What's it's regular schedule?  

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  Sounds fun.  Love that movie.  Are they all going to be competing based on a reinactment of that last dance?   I mean who wouldn't want to do that dance.  So much fun.  I remember seeing an episode of that show the Goldberg's where it was about the recreating that dance segment.  and making that dream come true.

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

@Jordan2  Sounds fun.  Love that movie.  Are they all going to be competing based on a reinactment of that last dance?   I mean who wouldn't want to do that dance.  So much fun.  I remember seeing an episode of that show the Goldberg's where it was about the recreating that dance segment.  and making that dream come true.

@moonandthestars I'm not sure, probably the final dance for the end of the Summer season. It's only four episodes so I'll give it a look. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I might watch one show to see if I like it, but no idea who any of these celebrities are! 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 I saw that advertised as well, love that movie so much, and this looks very interesting! I think I will check it out!

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 I finally saw the promo for the dirty dancng show last night.  It's looks great!  So much fun.  I guess they will do all the major dance segments - working their way to the final dance.  This is one show I would want to be on!  Actually, wouldn't it be fun if aruthur murray or some dance schools would offer something like this?

Trusted Contributor

@moonandthestars, sorry I haven't checked the board in a while and didn't see your question. I think this show was pulled after only 4 episodes, maybe? I know it didn't last very long at all. I liked it - I liked seeing the choreography and teaching amateurs how to dance. The premise was interesting, but it totally depended on the music to decide which partner would get the connection. One dance was always fun and faster and the other was a nice, romantic slow dance. Oh well, it doesn't matter because it's gone!